View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Can you not see a big dog like a Mal , heading towards someone, could frighten someone. You know your dog, they don't I am sorry, but it would be alot easier and safer, if when you see people to recall your dog, it's a public place, and you have to respect other people.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by flow-wolf View Post
The woman got hold of Flow an whacked her one around the head,even I dont smack her like that:

Sorry, but the above says you do, or that is the way I read it..

Like others have already said, if you know your dog has no recall, and it will be boisterous round people, the best thing to do is keep it on a lead.
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:37 AM
yep well i know where ur coming from an it does come across like that,but i dont hit her.. an i didnt come on here for an argument thankyou.

All i asked was what would you have done.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Again not condoning anyone hitting your dog but what if the person was on the way to work and didn't want hair on her clothes ? My Hubby has to be very careful working with food he would love to say goodbye to our dogs in the morning but once he is in his uniform has to stay well away from them. If he arrived at work with hair on his clothes he could be sacked !
sh it happens dont walk through a park on way to work or get judge judy to sort it out
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

20-10-2008, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=flow-wolf;1512584]yep well i know where ur coming from an it does come across like that,but i dont hit her.. an i didnt come on here for an argument thankyou.

All i asked was what would you have done.[/QUOTE]

I would not have let my dog get into a situation where someone was likely to hit her....

I would have said to the lady who did hit her........ do not do that again!!!!

But to make sure it never happened again, my dog would be on a lead, as soon as I saw anyone approaching me.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:42 AM
yep well i know where ur coming from an it does come across like that,but i dont hit her.. an i didnt come on here for an argument thankyou.

All i asked was what would you have done.
I would have got hold of my dog (or dropped it at a distance - if it had gone past her as you say) and tried to speak to the woman to make her understand that I am sorry the dog has upset her but she should not treat other peoples animals like that.

Does that help
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:44 AM
i asked why she had hit her an i got told to f^%& off..
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I would not have let my dog get into a situation where someone was likely to hit her....

How was i to know that she'd get hit?
I've never had a problem with anyone else before,but suddenly these foreigners come along an im in the wrong.. huh..
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2008, 09:50 AM
I would of been fuming about someone hitting my dog.
But I have a but, I can understand people who don't know a dog being worried about a dog running towards them even if it is going to ignore them and carry on past we know that they don't.
Ollie is always on a long line he is large and mostly black and not good with people he doesn't know, so he has his freedom but I am able to take hold of him if I feel it necessary which is when we see people we do not know.
That way he doesn't upset people, he is under control ( I know your'e dog was ) and not in a position to be hit.
I hope Flow isn't too traumatised by it all.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

20-10-2008, 09:50 AM
i asked why she had hit her an i got told to f^%& off..

Sadly that is the reaction that seems to come with this sort of thing...

How was i to know that she'd get hit?I've never had a problem with anyone else before,but suddenly these foreigners come along an im in the wrong.. huh..
That's the whole point you dont know how people will react to a loose dog... so always better to make sure your dog in not in a situation where they can be harmed.

For instance you did not know these people, they may have over reacted, they may be terrified of dog, they may have seen her as a threat.... and the last thing you want is to find yourself on the end of a complaint of owning a dangerous dog.... by someone who sees it that way..

Abit over the top, I know but not unrealistic.
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »