Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 01:09 PM

Agility week 4. Fudge (Crossbreed).Pics

We did our fourth session this week and after the descending trousers last week i remembered to wear my belt. We went over much of what we had done before but as more of a course. Fudge was fab as ever, I even had to distract her from my kids who were there too.(thanks for the pics!!!) Hope you enjoy the pics.Next week we have a mini competition so any tips greatfully received.Thanks for looking.

The A frame.

The spider

Weaves

The jumps

My favourite...flying dog.

Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Brilliant photos. I love watching dogs do agility, and you do get some cracking pictures aswell!

When I do agility with my Westie, I have to keep a few feet ahead of her and keep her motivated using my voice.

I have trained Molly wth the command 'this way!' along with an arm or hand signal for the way I want her to go. Some people prefer 'left' and 'right' commands, but that would just confuse me, never mind the dog!

Be sure that when you're doing agility you stick to the same commands you've been using for each obstacle, but you probably know that already! I use 'over' for the jumps, 'waayy over' for the obvious way over, 'up up up up!' for the dog walk and a-frame, and a repeated 'weave' command when she's going through the weave.

Also, remember that the dog always enters the weave with it's left shoulder - and remember those touch markers! A 'wait' command on the touch markers is useful if you feel the dog may go over the obstacle too fast and completely miss it!

Remember to make it easier for yourself aswell, stick to the inside of the course where possible and remember to get the turns as quickly and as accurate as possible.

Good luck with your competition!
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Brilliant photos, looks like you are both loving it!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Brilliant photos. I love watching dogs do agility, and you do get some cracking pictures aswell!

When I do agility with my Westie, I have to keep a few feet ahead of her and keep her motivated using my voice.

I have trained Molly wth the command 'this way!' along with an arm or hand signal for the way I want her to go. Some people prefer 'left' and 'right' commands, but that would just confuse me, never mind the dog!

Be sure that when you're doing agility you stick to the same commands you've been using for each obstacle, but you probably know that already! I use 'over' for the jumps, 'waayy over' for the obvious way over, 'up up up up!' for the dog walk and a-frame, and a repeated 'weave' command when she's going through the weave.

Also, remember that the dog always enters the weave with it's left shoulder - and remember those touch markers! A 'wait' command on the touch markers is useful if you feel the dog may go over the obstacle too fast and completely miss it!

Remember to make it easier for yourself aswell, stick to the inside of the course where possible and remember to get the turns as quickly and as accurate as possible.

Good luck with your competition!
Thanks for all the tips. it is only a fun competition between the 7 dogs who have been on the agility course. A simple circuit minus weaves and seesaw. Fastest round wins, time on for faults. it should be a real giggle at least.I`m making some stinky liver treats to help her run round. On the other hand she is WAY faster than I could I could ever be....
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 05:57 PM
It's only a wee competition - but you want to win, don't you?

Agility can get addictive, believe me. And your Fudge obviously loves it, judging by all the photos!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Great pics of the gorgeous pics - relieved the trousers remaind in situ this week at leas you could focus with Fudge having fun!!

Good luck next week - as Westie_N says just be consistent with your commands - and keep it simple - and have to agree on left right etc. - have not mastered this and Max gives me such a look when I muck it up!

JUST KEEP HAVING FUN!

and Keep the pics coming - love them!!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Lovely pics, the only advice I have is to enjoy, don't get too nervous or exited yourself, Fudge will only pic up on this, and it's not the end of the world it you both mess up, as long a Fudge is enjoying it, to me thats all that matters
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Fudge is doing ever so well!! Love the pictures
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Great pictures, Fudge is doing so well I missed the descending trousers story from last week though
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Great pics, thanks.