Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi,

I've given up on trying to get a video of my lot.

Zane and Yiannis can both do this, with just verbal commands, just hand signals or both.

I'll work on Ellie this week - if she has what we call an "Akita Day" though, she looks at me as though she's saying "If you want it done do it yourself". We'll see how it goes.

Laura xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Well Oscar's feet resolutely refuse to move. He'll turn his head round almost to the point of looking the other way like a blinking owl
So going to try and get him to follow me with the treat so he learns to move his feet then try bigger circles and go from there!
I think I should have used Dolly for this one she spins like a top on her own lol!
Becky
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Any tips on getting the hand signal gone - is it just keep practising with and eventually they learn the verbal? Max and Connor are fab with the hand signal but no hand signal and nothing!

Angus has a great left now but struggling with right - he must be lefthanded ha ha!

Charlie - not taking to this as easy kind of goes so far and then stops but we are coaxing him round

I do have some video (somewhere) of Max doing left/ right I think so will post for those who want to see what you are aiming for - will try and find it!
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
has anyone shown any footage yet?
I want to see how the end result should look
I'm still guiding round - we started this morning.
I posted this link in the 2nd post in this thread, but here it is again. Teagan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JZSCdZTMpI

And here's some still pics.
Bertie

Skye (about 7 months old)

I can get some more video of my lot doing it if anyone wants.
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Well Oscar's feet resolutely refuse to move. He'll turn his head round almost to the point of looking the other way like a blinking owl
So going to try and get him to follow me with the treat so he learns to move his feet then try bigger circles and go from there!
I think I should have used Dolly for this one she spins like a top on her own lol!
Becky
I know my friend who has poodles says they seem to have rubber necks and it takes them a while to realise they need to move there feet as they just follow with their heads. Try the bigger circle, let us know how you get on.
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Any tips on getting the hand signal gone - is it just keep practising with and eventually they learn the verbal? Max and Connor are fab with the hand signal but no hand signal and nothing!
How much of a hand signal are you using? To fade out hand signal, use the voice command before the hand signal (they will start to anticipate the hand signal when they hear the voice command this way) and gradually make the hand signal less and less.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Well Kismet has got spin on verbal only, but twist has her stumped... Back to basics, lead her round with a treat the other way, she goes half way, then sort of unwinds by throwing three spins in then throws her self down in a huff and whoowhoos her disgust at me... Than stomps off for a bit till her wish for the treat gets the better of her and she scampers back sits and offers a paw and foot as this worked last week!

Poor pharoah has rubber neck... He follows the treat till his head is on his back, then whips it round to try and get the treat the other way. I tried gently nudging him off balance to give him the idea.. and was met with the same look as last week.. Why Mummy? Am I a bad doggy?, then off he slinks to the sofa... "Fine starve me.... Woe is me!"

Sigh...
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=TBBS;1705702]I posted this link in the 2nd post in this thread, but here it is again. Teagan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JZSCdZTMpI

Thanks for that they look brill - we're a way off that yet, still running in circles & trying to get the circle smaller
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Shamus will now follow the treat in a circle. We-hey! I may start to introduce a command soon.
This could take more than a week.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Didn't do any training yesterday as I decided to bath and clip Wilson and split out his cords (I'm cording his coat) so maybe this afternoon back to Oscar although I want to clip Ellie as well
Becky
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >