Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2010, 08:45 PM

Mammary tumour?

hi not been here for a while, but i thought of this site soon as i saw my maddys lump near her 4th teet, i check her regulary and this is the 1st time i noticed a pea size lump surrounded with what i called like gravel, ....no sores and it dint hurt her for me to look at it, but her teet his leeking as well which explians the little wet patches on the carpet...i was thinking she was wetting a little lol....from what i have it does sound like a mammary tumour, she was speyed at age 5 and is now 14 with week legs, well wobbly legs which as been on going for a while...know i know i maybe should take her to the vets...but we already decided we would not put her through any trauma, she as been through enough in her life...as anyone come across this before please?
many thanx
michele
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2010, 08:54 PM
hi, I don't know her history, but I think a vet should see her.... considering her age and maybe her fear of vets.... couldn't you get one to drop by on the way home? Then at least you'l know what's going on.... it could just be a cyst...
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2010, 09:25 PM
thanx for your reply, i can get her to the vets, she doesnt like it and getswound up but if needs must...i just wondered if leeking was associated with cancer?.. xxxxxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Hi Michelle, I would take Maddy to the vet as soon as you can , there could be a couple of different things going on here and I don't think it really helps to speculate.
Hugs to Maddy xx
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 10:12 PM
My bitch recently had similar though her lump came up pretty quick and big, hers looked a little pussy at the side but didn't notice any leaking. Her's fortunatly turned out to be just a cyst but without putting them under and removing it for biopsy from what I gather the vets can't really tell one way or the other.
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2010, 10:55 PM
thanx everyone for your great advice as always....its not pussy, and the leak is from her teat.. clear fluid... i am going to have to take her, does anyone know if they can draw fluid from the lump without a general anesthetic? as i wont put her through all that...thanx again xxxxxxxxxx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Hi - they just put a needle in and draw off some fluid to test. It doesn`t need a GA. Keep an eye on the size - use a coin to judge (e.g. a 10p piece just covers it) so you can see if it`s growing.
Even if it is a tumour, it could well be benign or slow-growing, so stay positive, but go to the vet and find out what is causing it. Fingers crossed for you.
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2010, 02:57 PM
thanx for your replys xxx
i had a good look at her last night and this morning and found 2 more lumps on the next nipple down, 1 either side of the nipple, they are the size of sweet corn and seem fixed...put i have to say i do have to feel for them they dont protrude

carol xxxxxxxx