Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2011, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=Krusewalker;2257415]
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

She was being ironic
She was referring to when SHE was accused of persecution (by yourself, i think she is saying???) on the christianity thread when she made comments about (your???) christianity in the same vain you just commented about islam.
(the trouble with this forum, everyone is toooo pinionated to spot subtlety )

BTW, and interestingly, you state you are making comments about a "aspects of religion you dislike".
And too damn right, good for you

[U]But,[/U]if Azz, or myself, just as examples, made comments about "aspects of a religion we dislike", say, for example, christianity, people will accuse us of religious prejudice.
Yet a christian criticising islam is not religious prejudice???
But thats all bit odd really, surely its the wrong way around?
Azz and I dont show religious prejudice, as we think they are all dumb equally
Whereas, you guys are showing biases all other the place, be it Rune with her RE in schoos bias toward C of E plus one or two 'approved major religions', Ramble and her knee jerkism about racism just because someone moans about Muslim Halal (yet doesnt say the same when chrisitinaity comes up), or Luthien harking we are a C of E country, you wouldnt want a catholic monarch!!
Sounds like a whole bunch of relgious prejudice to me!!!

One wonders sometime how you can bare to grace us lesser mortals with your presence, being on such a higher plain than the rest of us, it must be terribly frustrating for you, to have to continually inform us of our misgivings.

Not sure why someone would be accused of religous preducie , for simply voicing something you dont like about it.

I an not predudiced about Islam, I dislike some of its practices, as I dislike some practices of other religions too , including my own.

I have no problem with your aithisam or dislike of my relgion, what I do object to , (in other threads) is the mockery that gets thrown onto those who beleive in a God, by some who dont.

if one does not believe, that fine we all have free wil, but dont mock those who do.

Seems we have gone way of topic now
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=Jackbox;2257486]
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post

One wonders sometime how you can bare to grace us lesser mortals with your presence, being on such a higher plain than the rest of us, it must be terribly frustrating for you, to have to continually inform us of our misgivings.

Not sure why someone would be accused of religous preducie , for simply voicing something you dont like about it.

I an not predudiced about Islam, I dislike some of its practices, as I dislike some practices of other religions too , including my own.

I have no problem with your aithisam or dislike of my relgion, what I do object to , (in other threads) is the mockery that gets thrown onto those who beleive in a God, by some who dont.

if one does not believe, that fine we all have free wil, but dont mock those who do.

I think most self proclaimed atheists are really agnostics - they just get the two words mixed up
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2011, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=Jackbox;2257486]

Jackbox:
Not sure why someone would be accused of religous preducie , for simply voicing something you dont like about it

Exackery what i just posted!

Im not an atheist.
And you guys always say its "mockery" when we talk about your favourite religion, but when its another religion and you are commenting upon it, it just "comment".
I can see muslims up and down the land now up in arms at your mockery of their religion

Its Chef from South Park all over again.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Anyone is welcome to mock my religion---and they often do.

Their problem not mine!

rune
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=Krusewalker;2257527]

Jackbox:
Not sure why someone would be accused of religous preducie , for simply voicing something you dont like about it

Exackery what i just posted!

Im not an atheist.
And you guys always say its "mockery" when we talk about your favourite religion, but when its another religion and you are commenting upon it, it just "comment".

I can see muslims up and down the land now up in arms at your mockery of their religion

Its Chef from South Park all over again.

I cant see anyone mocking anyones religion - where do you get that from?
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=Krusewalker;2257415]

She was being ironic
She was referring to when SHE was accused of persecution (by yourself, i think she is saying???) on the christianity thread when she made comments about (your???) christianity in the same vain you just commented about islam.
(the trouble with this forum, everyone is toooo pinionated to spot subtlety )

BTW, and interestingly, you state you are making comments about a "aspects of religion you dislike".
And too damn right, good for you

But,if Azz, or myself, just as examples, made comments about "aspects of a religion we dislike", say, for example, christianity, people will accuse us of religious prejudice.

Yet a christian criticising islam is not religious prejudice???
But thats all bit odd really, surely its the wrong way around?

Azz and I dont show religious prejudice, as we think they are all dumb equally

Whereas, you guys are showing biases all other the place, be it Rune with her RE in schoos bias toward C of E plus one or two 'approved major religions', Ramble and her knee jerkism about racism just because someone moans about Muslim Halal (yet doesnt say the same when chrisitinaity comes up), or Luthien harking we are a C of E country, you wouldnt want a catholic monarch!!
Sounds like a whole bunch of relgious prejudice to me!!!

Yes, that was what I was refering to.

Agree with the rest of your post, esp the bits in bold.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2011, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=Velvetboxers;2257597]

I cant see anyone mocking anyones religion - where do you get that from?
it wasnt me saying that, it was jackbox
you have misunderstood the point i was making.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2011, 08:20 PM
it wasnt me saying that, it was jackbox
you have misunderstood the point i was making.
I think its not only the quotes getting mixed up

I`m not mocking anyone .

I referred to the term , in response to your post stating .......

U]But,[/u]if Azz, or myself, just as examples, made comments about "aspects of a religion we dislike", say, for example, christianity, people will accuse us of religious prejudice
I dont accuse anyone of religious prejudice, and as you brought "old" threads into this thread, my reference was to those..in as much as I have no problems with anyone believes anything or not as the case may be..........but when some (in old threads ) mock others for their beliefs, then I find that offensive.

NO ONE , in this thread has "mocked " any religion , not sure why you seem to think otherwise.

Think I need to go get another glass of wine, it might make the way this thread has gone a little clearer
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm not sure why you'd accuse me of persecution either (not just simple prejudice, both of which are wrong anyway) but you did...You used that word and it wasn't just aimed at me I don't think.

Exactly, though I have no religion.

But there was no mockery, certainly not from me and even if there was, that's hardly persecuting you...the crime I&others stood/stand accused of.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=Velvetboxers;2257521]

I think most self proclaimed atheists are really agnostics - they just get the two words mixed up
To me, all the evidence collected so far, points to there not being a god, godess, non-gender assigned divine being, or multiple deities of any kind.

So, no matter how hard I try and trust me I have, I just can't believe in he/she/it/them, or follow any religion there of.

However, if I'm proven wrong then so be it.

What does that make me? agnostic, or atheist.
Page 39 of 41 « First < 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 >