Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 09:36 PM
*Humour warning*

I've just been struck with a terrifying thought. What if infact I'm wrong and there is a Heaven and Hell...What if I'm stuck in Heaven for all eternity...With my family...Noooo.

...Sod that, Lucifer better get the kettle on, there's no way I'm staying up there in that case.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
I'm not sure why you'd accuse me of persecution either (not just simple prejudice, both of which are wrong anyway) but you did...You used that word and it wasn't just aimed at me I don't think.

I take it this is not about this thread

When did I accuse you of persecution
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I take it this is not about this thread

When did I accuse you of persecution
I don't know why your confused, KW explained it for you here:

Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
She was being ironic
She was referring to when SHE was accused of persecution (by yourself, i think she is saying???) on the christianity thread when she made comments about (your???) christianity in the same vain you just commented about islam.
As KW rightly states, I was being ironic. It wasn't meant to be taken this seriously...I just couldn't resist a bit of light hearted teasing, at something you said in the heat of the moment, which this thread reminded me of.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=tazer;2257712]
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post

To me, all the evidence collected so far, points to there not being a god, godess, non-gender assigned divine being, or multiple deities of any kind.

What evidence - Im curious, nothing more. Do you not believe there is a purpose to life and why we are here?

So, no matter how hard I try and trust me I have, I just can't believe in he/she/it/them, or follow any religion there of.

If there isnt a higher being of some sort why do you think we are here? How did we get here? Why were we put here? Again I am just curious to others perspectives

However, if I'm proven wrong then so be it.

None of us will really know 100% until we die

What does that make me? agnostic, or atheist.
DEFINITION OF ATHEIST - One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

DEFINITION OF AGNOSTIC - A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God

That is something you need to decide for yourself
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think its not only the quotes getting mixed up

I`m not mocking anyone .

I referred to the term , in response to your post stating .......

I dont accuse anyone of religious prejudice, and as you brought "old" threads into this thread, my reference was to those..in as much as I have no problems with anyone believes anything or not as the case may be..........but when some (in old threads ) mock others for their beliefs, then I find that offensive.

NO ONE , in this thread has "mocked " any religion , not sure why you seem to think otherwise.

Think I need to go get another glass of wine, it might make the way this thread has gone a little clearer
i have read all this.
just like i said then, your comments about islam are just "comment", our comments about chrisitianity are "mockery"
ummmm....i never said you mocked anyone, i actually said good for you criticising islam.
im just waiting for the hypothetical muslim to ape the 'mockery' line you took against previous critics of christianity (or ramble doing it for them?).

you are taking single lines out of context/too literally, and missing the actual overall message.

like i said, its the whole Chef thing from South Park.

which means i agree with you........what mockery::
This thread, that thread, any thread????
(plenty of "criticising aspects on religion we dont like though")
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 09:11 AM
For the purposes of clarification only. This was one of the comments I was refering to.

Originally Posted by Jackbox This thread to be honest is not as bad as others, but its still there , faith is a very strong basis for ones character, when others belittle it , no wonder one feels persecution and the need to defend ones beliefs.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 09:33 AM
I think this thread

Needs to get back on track

Folk stop quoting from other threads
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=Velvetboxers;2257725]
Originally Posted by tazer View Post

DEFINITION OF ATHEIST - One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

DEFINITION OF AGNOSTIC - A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God

That is something you need to decide for yourself
Right now, atheist.

Ref the evidence, I suggest the fossel record would be a good place to start looking.

You've highlighted the major mistake and greatest assumption of many a believer trying to understand evolution. That being that there must/has to be a 'higher' purpose...That we're all here for some great reason.

Evolution is not an entity, it doesn't think hmmm, today I feel like making a tiger, it doesn't think at all. It is a process.

I'll stop there, this is a whole other thread in itself...and I think I've managed to take this one off track far enough already.

However, if you really are interested in learning more, there're some books I can reccamend. I also know of a paleontologist/evolutionary biologist who I'm sure wouldn't mind you emailing them. He'll be able to explain it far better and in more detail than I ever could.

Btw, I do find religion interesting to learn about, even if I don't believe in it.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I think this thread

Needs to get back on track

Folk stop quoting from other threads
But it was bugging me, I had to find it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i have read all this.
just like i said then, your comments about islam are just "comment", [B]our comments about chrisitianity are "mockery"Mmmmmmmmm, where did I say that??

My guess is from here.

I have no problem with your aithisam or dislike of my relgion, what I do object to , (in other threads) is the mockery that gets thrown onto those who beleive in a God, by some who dont
To clarify, when religious threads come up, some peopel take pleause in "belittling" "mocking" beliefs, of those who do beleive in God..

I dont compare me saying ... I dislike halal slaugher , as mockery of a relgion.

I call mockery of a relegion, when some one tells others, they are deluded for beleiving in God, when it is directed towards "indeviduals"

ummmm....i never said you mocked anyone, I actually said
I know
Page 40 of 41 « First < 30 37 38 39 40 41 >