Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 11:57 AM

back yard

well my husband eventually got round to concreting the whole of the back yard for my new kennels, so yesterday my orders were, while he was at work, to scrub down the new concrete and move the cement mixer so he could paint the nice grey concrete a nicer shade of grey when he came back. consisering it took 2 of us to get said mixer out of my freelander and 2 of us to construct it, who the flamin hell does he think i am, the incredible hulk.
i managed to push, drag and pull the thing all of 2 inches. sloppy socks had actually cemented it to the ground where he'd slopped bits of cement. after all my hard work scrubbing and sweeping, daft me let the dogs out on the yard where they promptly made lots of fresh piles and puddles so i had to start all over again, my god i couldnt work in a chain gang with the sun beating down on you all day, it nearly killed me out in that heat. so, when dearest one came home, after much chuntering about it still being damp in spots (because i'd left it to late to wash it) he started painting. it took him about 3 hours and several cans of carling to do it. he then said'you wont be able to let the dogs out on it in the morning incase its not dry, ha where ever does he expect em to go first thing in the morning. i waited till he'd gone to work and then let em out. thankfully it had dried. so here i was this morning having my peaceful hour when everyones gone out, dogs asleep at my feet with a nice cuppa and a bacon butty when the phone rings. its old man, he says 'you might as well give the yard a second coat while your not doing anything. flamin cheek. anyway, his 3 hour job took me precisely 3 quarters of an hour, who needs flamin men ha.
Claire&Jay
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Bl**dy men!!!!!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 03:12 PM
N/O to any of the guys on here,, but i second that,, if ya want something doing, do it yourself , lol
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Quite a story

Poor you. Hope its worth it when its finished. I´m sure it will be
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Men !
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 03:23 PM
...I like the bit where you said it took several cans of Carling!!

Why is it that women just get on with a task and don't expect the fanfare and humble thanks that men do? It's like they want a fanfare and parade when they do something right!!