Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2011, 03:40 PM

Having SKY installed on Friday! :)

I have just bought a new 40" LED tv, full HD etc etc, and on Friday we are having sky installed! I can't wait as never had sky before.

What sort of price do you pay a month for Sky? Is it worth paying extra for the HD package?

Unfortunately we can not get the free broadband where I live so I have only signed up for Sky tv.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 03:47 PM
I have recently bought a flat screen tv, 26" to replace my lovely Sony one which I bought in 1983 in SA.

I do not have broadband, nor Sky, nor HD just Freeview. I am hardly ever at home or IN to watch Sky and as pay enough in TV licence fees etc etc

I am SO tightfisted!
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I have recently bought a flat screen tv, 26" to replace my lovely Sony one which I bought in 1983 in SA.

I do not have broadband, nor Sky, nor HD just Freeview. I am hardly ever at home or IN to watch Sky and as pay enough in TV licence fees etc etc

I am SO tightfisted!
I would of been happy with freeview but their is not an aerial in the lounge. We have been watching tv thru a very old sky box, left from previous tenants and you can't even get Ceebeebies on it! Very important when you have a 5 year old!
I don't drink, don't smoke, rarely go out, so I thought I would treat myself and 5 kids for a change!
x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
I would of been happy with freeview but their is not an aerial in the lounge. We have been watching tv thru a very old sky box, left from previous tenants and you can't even get Ceebeebies on it! Very important when you have a 5 year old!
I don't drink, don't smoke, rarely go out, so I thought I would treat myself and 5 kids for a change!
x

Hey, why not? When I was off work for two weeks I would have LOVED to have had my pick of channels to watch under the duvet.

ps when I say Freeview, I got 12 channels, if I want more I gotta get another aerial or a satellite.............

Hmmmmmm I need to get ill again first.......
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
I have just bought a new 40" LED tv, full HD etc etc, and on Friday we are having sky installed! I can't wait as never had sky before.

What sort of price do you pay a month for Sky? Is it worth paying extra for the HD package?

Unfortunately we can not get the free broadband where I live so I have only signed up for Sky tv.
Enjoy your new television and Sky! I have no idea of the cost as I am not in the UK but before you pay any extra for the HD package, check how many channels are actually shown in HD.

I have a 32" HD set but as there are very few channels shown in HD that I might be interested in watching, decided against paying the extra.

[I should add though that of the 300+ channels available there are not many in English, with no English subtitles on those in the various other languages. Strange that the few channels in English always have subtitles in three other languages though...]
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2011, 04:33 PM
I have freeview, used to have Sky but it was too expensive for what it was. I guess it depends what you like to watch.

We had it mainly for the films but now we do Lovefilm which is cheaper so it works for us.

I am also not friends with the people of Sky as when they said they were going to come and install it they never bothered turning up. When I rang them, they said it was a computer error and the online order didnt process. However, they did have my number to tell me but didnt bother so I told em to stick it lol
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Ours is an arm and a leg but we have multi room in 3 rooms and hd in two of them + plus we have movies and sports etc + plus broadband and sky talk including line rental. It's about £116 a month.

More and more channels are going HD but in the weather lately the HD picture can be a bit pants. This afternoon in heavy rain there was no picture at all on several channels, not just HD.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Hope you have more luck than us,sky were doing an offer last week multi room free for the first 3 months and free installation for existing customers,so we arranged to have it installed and yesterday was the next available day,had waited 10 days.

Anyway had a call off the engineer to say he would be with us between 1-3pm,3pm came no engineer had showed so waited till 5pm as sky said between 12-5pm,5pm came and went no engineer,infact by 7pm no engineer..... called sky who tried to contact no luck so they rang his company who were asked to contact us,to let us know what was going on.

Engineer rang at 7.45pm last night to tell us he couldn't install,I was quite blunt and told him that wasn't good enough and why hadn't I been contacted,why did I have to ring sky,he made up some rubbish that he had been working in the forest and had no signal,rubbish I told him as 3 of us have mobile phones all different networks and we can all get signals from the place he was supposed to have been working in,he apologised and wanted us to reschedule for Wednesday,I told him in no uncertain terms to forget it and I was appalled by his conduct and I would be complaining to sky.

Rang sky back and complained about the company and it's engineer,they have a different company now coming to install on Friday,plus we are getting a month free viewing as an apology for been messed about,they couldn't apologise enough.