View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 09:00 AM
i feel so sorry for you, sound like you are in for a bad summer I am so glad i'm surrounded by old folks!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Aww sorry to hear that Jackie, theres nothing worse than having bad neighbours is there - it's so stressful Wouldn't you think they would be a bit more considerate, especially mid-week when it is very likely that the other neighbours will be working Our neighbours are okay now cos their lads have grown up but there was a time when they put us through hell a few years ago and their parents just let them
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 09:54 AM
It's nice to know we're not alone. They're landlords at one of the pubs in town and used to live above the pub so we're just hoping it's cause they're not used to having neighbours. They're pleasant enough to speak and to be honest, the rest of the time we don't hear a peep. Last night was unbearable though so hope the quiet word the OH had with them this morning has done some good.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Fingers crossed that they'll get the message.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:01 AM
My brother had this problem when he had just moved in!

He sent a complaint letter and it has stopped. Unfortunately he still has neighbours about 4 doors down who have BLAZING arguments till early hours, but he said its on and off and they have kind of got used to it now. I would hate that. I am also luckily that i live around old folk & all i can hear is cows and sheep...
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:10 AM
I understand what you are going through. We bought our first house in Rugby, we moved from Oxfordshire to get away from the expensive house prices so we did not know what sort of area we were moving to. It couldn't of been much worse. Most people in the Crescent were very quiet people who kept themselves to themselves but there were a few houses that we full of Chavs. The police would be around most weekends. Kids would play football outside our house and they kept hitting our fence. People would have partys mid week that would carry on for most of the night.There was a stabbing. Another man hung himself. I hated living there. I would dread the summer coming because the kids would stay out most of the nights shouting, taking drugs and being abusive. After a year and a half of living there I couldn't cope anymore, we put the house on the market. Thankfully we sold it 5 months later.
We are now living in a beautiful town called Towcester. I love going home and can't wait for the summer.
I hope this was just a one off with your neighbours.
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Come and live in Switzerland, it's illegal to do that over here and when you go out at 9 PM it's as quiet as a graveyard.

Sorry I don't have any constructive advice, I hope everything goes well whatever you decide
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 11:06 AM
hi wuffle (i love the way that sounds when it rolls off my tongue by the way :P like roffle )

anyway i just wanted to say i feel your pain with noisy and inconsiderate neighbours. We have 2 sets - lucky us eh!

The set across the road from us by mum calls them the nesbits- and she calls the mum magda (she looks like the woman out of that film something about mary?) They were really bad riding track motorbikes up and down the road when a lot of houses have young children and babies who could easily run out. Things got so bad- cant go into detail but we think they have fled to spain their house is up for sale and has had loads of viewings thank god!

The other set are behind us (we are on a corner its complicated) and they are now the new nesbits- before Mum used to call her mrs pissy because thats what her number plate looked like it said- who would buy a private number plate to say pissy?!?!- anyway they are nesbit family number 2 and they are also a pain- their lad is the same age as my brother and he shouts things out of the window like "gay boy" at my brother... They park their cars to block our drive all the time and instead of parking outside their house they park bang outside our front door and walk round! and to think we were moving into a quiet cul de sac!

If things get worse talk to surrounding neighbours and maybe as a group you could approach them, maybe so you don't feel so alone. We've talked to our neighbours about the nesbits and they agreed with us so we felt like we had some support and werent imagining their behaviour.

Hope things get sorted for you! xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks for all your kind words and advice. OH lived in a terrible neighbourhood when he was growing up and it took him going to the local news to get him and his mum out so he's extra jittery about things like this. The rest of the street is pretty good, used to have a problem across from us but seems to have quietened down in the last couple of years. We just try to keep an eye on the neighbourhood and if it starts to go down the pan, we'll sell up. Don't want to have to do that though. Hopefully, it's a one off.

Thanks again for all your comments.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Say something before it carries on, I say this because over the years we have had similar problems and because my OH will not want to "cause problems with the neighbours" they have walked all over us and been so noisy all hours of the day cos they recon we wont complain and just put up with it. I once had friends up to stay and they ended up leaving cos my neighbours too noisy and they needed sleep! Now present neighbours different but have problems of which I shall post thread when brave enough to ask your advice, dont put up with it be polite and tell them how noisy it is for you and see what happens, good luck x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >