Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2007, 12:25 PM

And so we start togo RAW..

Bit the bullet at last, went to our lovely butchers and brought a few pounds of tripe, liver and beef offcuts..to give going RAW a try, i understand of course that this isn't enough for a full RAW diet..but just wanted to get something to try them off with.
I shall keep you updated!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Good luck Luke - I'm sure they will love it - if you need any help there are plenty to give advice on RAW!

Its such a nightmare/worry getting going but its not as tricky as you think!

I really worried on amounts/variety etc. but now I don't even think about it
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 03:16 PM
well done!!

best thing i ever did for my dogs, they will love you for it.
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2007, 03:46 PM
I HAVE NEVER SEEN TRIPE IN ITS NATURAL STATE IN A BUTCHERS,ITS USUALLY BLEACHED WHITE,NO GOOD FOR DOGS AS THE ENZYMES HAVE BEEN KILLED OFF.

YOUR DOGS WILL LOVE YOU EVEN MORE FOR GIVING THEM PROPER FOOD
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Bit the bullet at last, went to our lovely butchers and brought a few pounds of tripe, liver and beef offcuts..to give going RAW a try, i understand of course that this isn't enough for a full RAW diet..but just wanted to get something to try them off with.
I shall keep you updated!
Well Done you

And if you do decide its the way to go, I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to help with calculations, diet etc. so feel free to ask
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks folks!
They've got liver right now...both are sniffing rather cautiously as if its about to explode...
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Two of my previous pups are on a RAW diet and they have lovely shiny coats, much better than when they were on dry complete, the litter we have now have had a bit of both as one of them is going on to be fed RAW and I must say they love it, and their tummies seem to adjust to it very quickly.

If I didn't have 8 dogs I think I would feed RAW too.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by leospride View Post
Well Done you

And if you do decide its the way to go, I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to help with calculations, diet etc. so feel free to ask
well done you,you will see your dogs smile,and you will know youv done the right thing by them
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Good on you Luke

Remember to keep the liver in small amounts - you don't want to feed to much at one time - especially in the begining But you'll probably know that

The best and easiest way I think to start is to cut up one whole chicken into meal size portions and feed till it's gone, along with approx 10% offal - (you could also do this with rabbit etc or anything whole) that way you've just fed your first day or two of a balanced raw diet - meat bones and offal in a way that doesn't take to much thinking - after the chicken you can then introduce a different meat / rmb and so on.

(If the tripe is for human consumption at the butchers it wil be a bit useless for dogs nutrion wise - as they bleach it etc - you need the 'green' unprocessed, stinky stuff for dogs)

Good luck with the new raw diet
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks all-the tripe is the stuff that hums like death!
All started well..Ralph loves it, quite happy..Florrie however, refused point blank to eat the liver & carrots in her bowl..left it down till 11, she still didn't eat and refused any tripe this morning..however, put some dry down and she wolfed it down-so i have one who won't eat anything but raw, and another who will eat anything but-Can't bloomin win!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >