Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 10:01 AM

Dog friendly holidays

I am wondering where to go for our hoildays next year as my OH, zuki and I love to travel and I thought if I started a thread where everyone could put down their dog friendly holidays it would be a good reference for all of us.

The year before last we had a great holiday in cornwall at a place called The Hen House on the lizard peninsula, would reccomend it to anyone looking to get away from the fast lane and have a relaxing break in the country, the owners are great and will even dogsit if needed, although you will find they are brimming full of info about where you can go with your pet.

We went to a lovely local pub run by an Irish man and he treated Zuki like a star! Though it is in the middle of nowhere it is so lovely to be able to take your dog on great walks to the sea or through fields.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 10:21 AM
One of the best places I went to with my dog was The Port Light in Devon. It is in the middle of nowhere on a Cliff, beautiful views, long walks straight from the hotel. The food is wonderful and they are so friendly, all they ask is that your dog is well behaved and does not sleep on the bed. You can even take your dog to dinner with you and eat in the bar. The bar is better than the restaurant as it has lovely views. Their website is www.portlight.co.uk.
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-07-2006, 12:46 PM
We had a weekend with Bob in Dawlish and stoped in The Langstone Cliff Hotel

Lots of walks and dogs
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 03:23 PM
we went on hols to east yorkshire, bridlington , we stayed in a b & b , which allows dogs, we took 2 dogs with us, you get a great breakfast in this b& b, its called
THE TENNYSON B&B, in bridlington, i loved it here, we are going again in august but with 1 dog this time.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 03:31 PM
you can get a really good book from pet's at home. it has listings of all the dog friendly holidays in GB.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher
we went on hols to east yorkshire, bridlington , we stayed in a b & b , which allows dogs, we took 2 dogs with us, you get a great breakfast in this b& b, its called
THE TENNYSON B&B, in bridlington, i loved it here, we are going again in august but with 1 dog this time.
Let me know when you go again this year and we could perhaps meet up one evening, Brid is only about 30 minutes drive from me. Did you visit Dalby Forest while you were there? It is beautiful and not far from Bridlington.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Yes novavivv, we did go to dalby forest , a gorgeous place, the diogs loved it there, & yes i will let you know when we go again, i think we will be there on 24 & 25 august. by the way do you have a viszla dog as mishkas boyfriend is a viszla called decland, she really has fun when were out on walks together.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher
Yes novavivv, we did go to dalby forest , a gorgeous place, the diogs loved it there, & yes i will let you know when we go again, i think we will be there on 24 & 25 august. by the way do you have a viszla dog as mishkas boyfriend is a viszla called decland, she really has fun when were out on walks together.
No male anymore, just two vizzie girls Tally aged 6 and Nova aged 13.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Can't stress the Lake District enough. the following is the website for Ambleside and the second one is the dog friendly B&B we go to.

www.ambleside.u-k.org
www.oldvicarageambleside.co.uk
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 06:51 PM
we took bruno up to Ullapool, Wester Ross last year and Skye - both fantastic - gorgeous empty spaces loads of running room fo rthe mutt -stayed in self catering houses as I prefer that type of holiday.

Hopefully once the brat is here next year we can take both up to Wester Ross again - its beautiful
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >