Our sister sites
noize
New Member!
Female 

30-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Dog Friendly Holiday Destinations in UK

Hi there,

I'm new to these forums

Me and my husband are planning our 2010 holiday and we are trying to find some where in the UK we can go with our 4 border collies.

Any one know of any decent places that will put up with us ? Any where you may have visited yourself ?

Thanks in advance !
terrierz
New Member!
Male 

30-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I had this problem as we like to go on a family holiday and our dogs are also family !

You would be surprised there are quite a few places where you can take your dogs if you do a bit of searching.

Not sure if i can post links on here but anyway, we visited a lovely place in Wales [Link removed] which was great and no extra charge for dogs

There is also a place we are looking at called old piggery in the peak district not sure on link which looks nice but not sure how many dogs you can take plus its pretty booked up

But for long walks with your dogs and dog friendly beaches i would recommend a holiday in Wales

Hope this helps
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 06:42 AM
We did this a while ago, there are a few recommendations in thiws thread

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=109646
noize
New Member!
Female 

31-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks Lizzy i was not aware of the other thread. It's a big help though shame its not a sticky as im sure many people would find it useful
terrierz
New Member!
Male 

31-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Sorry my link for the cottage in wales got removed

If you search google for dogworldholiday (one word) it's the first link that pops up.
Simira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I just bought a book called "Pets come too", that lists dog-friendly places (attractions, activities, inns, B&B's etc.) in UK. You get a variety of these books on Amazon or other travel book shops.

Also there's a web page for dog friendly hotels, but I don't know what it's called in English.