Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 09:39 PM
what a nightmare
good luck for the other pups, poppy and your fingers !!!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:12 PM
aww she looks fab,compared to what she was going through yesterday,im glad shes feeling better and as fro your fingers im really sorry they hurt,esp when youv had such a rough time,im sending you hugs and warm wishes for poppy and the babies,and do look carefull at repremanding that stupid vet,have a good sleep and well talk to you tomorrow for a catch up,night night sharon xxx
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Have just found this website regarding ACP, http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Rx_Inf...epromazine.pdf a very interesting paragraph states:

Do NOT use in pregnant or lactating animals (female animals nursing their young)

Poppy's pups have been firmly latched on since around 1pm, so I guess they are making up for lost time, fingers crossed they continue to do well from here on. Poppy is being a devoted mummy, I had to put her lead on earlier to take her out for a wee, which she did and ran straight back in again, she's ate 5 times (in the whelping box) but she's eating and seems so much more relaxed and back to normal now.

Thanks all............nite nite x
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Hope you have a good night as well as Poppy.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Just caught this, what an awful time you're all having.

So sorry to hear you lost the two smallest pups, but just think how bad it could've been if you didn't have the experience you have!

Hope everything continues to improve and make sure you sue the a**e of that idiot vet!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Well with that information I think you need to have very strict words with your vet practice.
How are they today?
Becky
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Morning all.....good night was had here, mum and pups doing well so far. Pups seem to be permanently latched on which is good, Poppy is good, lying down me bringing her food to her and she eats with getting up....lol.

The two pups we lost were the biggest and smallest, the only thing we can think is that the drug was in Poppy's milk, it wouldn't have taken much to knock the little pup out and the big one would have probably took twice as much milk which again would have knocked her out too.

I'm trying to put all that behind me (for now) and focus on Poppy and her new family. We have a vets appointment on Friday, I have printed off every article sent to me regarding the ACP and hi-lighted the parts I want answers to. So I hope they're ready for me!!
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:24 AM
I am so sorry for what you have been through. Pleased you are getting all the information together. I would aim to get a full explanation with letter of apology first and ensure you have a copy of the treatment she has been given from invoice or request copy of records.

I would also get full information/advice from drug company to ask advice about the situation and any poss long term effects ect. AThe vet is going to try and cover the situation up.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Here are Poppy's babies this morning, they need filling out a bit, but hopefully they are heading in that direction now.

Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:29 AM
I always aim to see the same vet at my practice, Have you had concerns befor, I would consider having an apointment with another practice. Then arrange a meeting with manager of practice.
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >