View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dave g
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-08-2010, 09:39 AM
As i said i coundnt remember why they banned them..
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

01-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by dave g View Post
As i said i coundnt remember why they banned them..
As a political placebo following a tabloid frenzy over a spate of dog attacks.

Re: Iron fist handling

It is a testament to the breed that they remain stable even under such conditions.
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
What im saying is, you have to be a good dogman to handle dogs like pits and alot of other bullbreeds, thats why they is a ban on certain breeds because the wrong people had them, not everyone is the right type of person to own a bullbreed. if you know what i am saying. can anyone tell me why they was banned in the first place as i cant remember...
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
As a political placebo following a tabloid frenzy over a spate of dog attacks.

Re: Iron fist handling

It is a testament to the breed that they remain stable even under such conditions.
What the hell does all that mean??!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Saffy why you commenting on this post, when have never own a pit or never seen one...
because she can, the rules of the board say so?????????

What im saying is, you have to be a good dogman to handle dogs like pits and alot of other bullbreeds, thats why they is a ban on certain breeds because the wrong people had them, not everyone is the right type of person to own a bullbreed. if you know what i am saying. can anyone tell me why they was banned in the first place as i cant remember...

Rubbish!!!

Not everyone is the right owner for many a breed /type of dog, it has nothing o do with beign a big hard man with an iron fist!!

Can you elaborate the "iron fist" way of being a good dog man,

I know of someone who was taugh that was the way to bring up their Doberman pup, you have to show them who is boss from the beginning... you have to pin them down every day for about 5 mins,..so these new owners followed the advice, and geuss what happened, the dog in the end bite the woman, and was PTS, for beign aggressive,!!

Great was to being up any dog, !!
dave g
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
because she can, the rules of the board say so?????????

Rubbish!!!

Not everyone is the right owner for many a breed /type of dog, it has nothing o do with beign a big hard man with an iron fist!!

Can you elaborate the "iron fist" way of being a good dog man,

I know of someone who was taugh that was the way to bring up their Doberman pup, you have to show them who is boss from the beginning... you have to pin them down every day for about 5 mins,..so these new owners followed the advice, and geuss what happened, the dog in the end bite the woman, and was PTS, for beign aggressive,!!

Great was to being up any dog, !!
That women was stupid for trying that, she sounds to stupid to own a dog. when i say rule with a iron fist i dont mean HIT dogs, if thats what you are thinking...
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:34 AM
actually Dave G...... most bull types and breeds i have ever known or met are a lot easier to train than 2 of the breeds i live with
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Ruling any breed of dog with an "Iron fist" is in my opinion wrong. I want my dog to obey commands out of mutual respect not out of fear, as any breed, but especially bull breeds, obeying out of fear is dangerous as one day the fear may make them react in an unpredictable and potentially dangerous way, or they may be put in a position where someone who does not rule with an iron fist asks for a particular behaviour and the dog ignores.

Many good owners of all breeds including pit bulls (that I personally know - they are in the States) have well balanced and well behaved dogs by ruling with love and mutual respect
Good post, but this thread is again being side tracking from the issue of PBT being 'dangerous' seems little answers to that question from those who don't want them legal again, just because 'they don't belong here' seems to be the reason, pity that does not make PBT dangerous and they already exist in the UK and Australia
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
That women was stupid for trying that, she sounds to stupid to own a dog. when i say rule with a iron fist i dont mean HIT dogs, if thats what you are thinking...
So what do u mean? Please explain?!!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Saffy why you commenting on this post, when have never own a pit or never seen one...
I've seen a hell of a lot of them Dave and the people with best pits I know are big softies, just like their pits. No iron fist. Plenty of positive training and love.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by dave g
Saffy why you commenting on this post, when have never own a pit or never seen one
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
I've seen a hell of a lot of them Dave and the people with best pits I know are big softies, just like their pits. No iron fist. Plenty of positive training and love.
Well maybe this thread should have had a codicil, that only those who have owned/own /know a pitbull should be able to answer
Page 109 of 132 « First < 9 59 99 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 119 > Last »