Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It was the owner`s ignorance that caused the situation, not the fact that the dog was vicious. Saying the dog should be put down smacks of revenge.
Who's revenge!!!??

I think this is all immaterial anyway now to be honest, Kitty has signed in a few times now and has not come on to comment, a couple of reason come to mind, she is to upset to talk, or we are all beign taken for fools!!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by cassassin View Post
I would be more than happy to help this dog through his problems. I would be more than happy to spend the time to help him cope with his problems.

I was NOT going to make a firm offer until I knew whether or not this dog was still alive. I have two males in my home, two very small males and Dobermanns as a breed characteristic are known to be same-sex aggressive. There are a hundred or more tiny alterations that would have to be made in my daily routine in order for me to offer the help Oscar would need, but I WOULD definitely be more than happy to have him and work through his issues.

Anyone able to get him to Chester?

I am still hoping he hasn't been pts and he has seen a vet and hopefully had all of the tests done.

I'm about 300 miles away but I'll help out if necessary even if it's only financial support towards tests or petrol.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I'm about 300 miles away but I'll help out if necessary even if it's only financial support towards tests or petrol.
Me to if we are not to late.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 04:24 PM
I would be more than happy to help this dog through his problems. I would be more than happy to spend the time to help him cope with his problems.

I was NOT going to make a firm offer until I knew whether or not this dog was still alive. I have two males in my home, two very small males and Dobermanns as a breed characteristic are known to be same-sex aggressive. There are a hundred or more tiny alterations that would have to be made in my daily routine in order for me to offer the help Oscar would need, but I WOULD definitely be more than happy to have him and work through his issues.

Anyone able to get him to Chester?

I am still hoping he hasn't been pts and he has seen a vet and hopefully had all of the tests done.
Taking into consideration this quote from the OP

Originally Posted by kitty View Post
He has always been very dog aggressive
I think (probably get slaughtered for this) you're being incredibly unrealistic and wreakless, for all of the dogs concerned, sorry jmo.
cassassin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
Cassassins, ref your offer, I cant pm you so will PM Kitty my mobile number in case I can help in anyway. Im hours away but will help if I can! I havent had any response from her but yah never know!
Indeed, such a pain not having private messaging capabilities! I'm almost halfway there though!

I may not be able to offer a completely permanent solution, but I do feel I would be able to have a positive influence on this dog and I could "work" with him to get him behaving well enough to find him a forever home that best suits his needs.

My plans for him regardless would include introducing clicker training, obedience classes, and lots and lots of physical and mental stimulation all around.

I am not being reckless at all. I am fully able to keep the animals separated and I have had experience with dog aggressive and human aggressive Dobermanns.

I am also a Service Dog Trainer in Training. I have successfully taught three dogs Seizure detection and Diabetes alert. I have one in training for negating the effects of Agoraphobia.

I am NOT a newbie to this breed, though I don't have decades of experience that others do.

I have worked with a dobermann that has gone after children before, and it turned out he was just trying to tell the child off for aggravating him. I have also worked with a dobermann who had a chase/prey drive towards young children. This was 6 months ago I last worked with him, and have only heard good things since.

I have good mentors too, so am fully supported in all of my canine endeavours.

I would just like to add that I am not stupid, I do not think myself a miracle worker or anything of the sort. I follow basic methods such as those set out by Pat Millar, Ian Dunbar, Jean Donaldson, Karen Pryor, and Suzanne Clothier. I do not feel that I am being naive either. This dog will take months, possibly years of work and also the right family to do the work to make him the best dog he can be.

I can only offer to be a stepping stone for him right now.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 04:38 PM
ive emailed a contact at DRA to ask if theres is anyone in the preston/chester area that can help transport wise and given them my mobile number.

Fingers crossed kitty gets in touch! I dont have internet access at home so hopefully theres good news by monday. if i hear anything ill have to rob my nephews laptop
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Not a newbie to the breed either, having my first in mid 1990's had a break for a few years after loosing my first two, then decided to have another last year.

Would I take him, nope.

1, I have children.

2, I have other dogs to think about.

That aside, if anything can be done, I hope all works out for everyone involved.
RedyreRotties
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2010, 04:42 PM
This dog will take months, possibly years of work and also the right family to do the work to make him the best dog he can be.
So, how many dogs who don't have these issues die while the attempt is made at rehabbing this one?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Taking into consideration this quote from the OP

I think (probably get slaughtered for this) you're being incredibly unrealistic and wreakless, for all of the dogs concerned, sorry jmo.
I totally agree,I have just had to rehome a young pup due to my older bitch been DA.

To take in an older male which has Dog Aggression issues into a home where there are males of the same sex is asking for trouble.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I don`t see why people are getting so irate about giving a second chance to a dog who has reacted once. The dog did not do severe damage, or turn on the person who pulled him away.
The dog has not been assessed by anyone with any qualifications or experience. Surely that would be a start.

However, I am also coming to the conclusion that Kitty is having a laugh at our expense here.
Closed Thread
Page 29 of 47 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 > Last »