Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 08:39 PM

Tilly has gone on her jollies!

Took Tilly to her boarding today, this is the first time eeek!! I wasn't going to take her, hub was but I changed my mind & took the afternoon off, so I could go too. She was taken into the yard where some other dogs were & I went in about 5 minutes later, she wasn't overly bothered at me being there as she was busy saying hello & sniffing around with the other dogs.
When I left there were some other people gathering outside with dogs for their group walk & Tilly was going to go too.
I did have a huge lump in my throat & also concern about Tilly's behaviour, but I got a phone call about an hour later to say that she was brilliant - non stop waggy tail, playing with the children on the walk,(one wants to keep her!) and then back to the house for some agility in the garden
I also rang again at 9pm & all is good & she is a joy to have apparently
I feel so much better, especially as I was told that I would be told exactly how it is if she was being challenging etc..
So now off on my jollies too in a few hours with peace of mind
The build up was actually worse - By last night I really didn't want to go!!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I have to go through this next month, i havent even been able to ask my boarding lady if she does updates, because i dont want to know yet! I am sure she would if i asked but i dont want to ask either. WHY cos i dont know if i want to know or would rather not know etc!!

I cant make up my mind, so dont want to spend the next month worrying if she says yes or no etc!

I can see that this will be our one and only long holiday without the dogs, maybe the odd night to get a couple of days away with the kids to places where dogs cant go, but otherwise think they will be part of the packing in future!

Have a great holiday.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
I have to go through this next month, i havent even been able to ask my boarding lady if she does updates, because i dont want to know yet! I am sure she would if i asked but i dont want to ask either. WHY cos i dont know if i want to know or would rather not know etc!!

I cant make up my mind, so dont want to spend the next month worrying if she says yes or no etc!

I can see that this will be our one and only long holiday without the dogs, maybe the odd night to get a couple of days away with the kids to places where dogs cant go, but otherwise think they will be part of the packing in future!

Have a great holiday.
Thanks I'm going to text, but not too much! I wish she had web cam though

Yesterday was a bit weird, she knew things were different, suitcases etc.. & she was being grumpy with me!
But imagining her being able to play agility in the garden really cheered me up! She was going to stay on a flexi lead for her first walk, but there was no need, she stayed with the pack ....... she probably won't want to come home!!

Like I said I think the build up is the worst for us!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Sounds like Tilly is going to have a great holiday too so you go and enjoy yours and stop worrying about her
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2011, 11:00 PM
If its the sussex dog walkers home boarding she will be fine, he group walks over my local woods.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 05:35 AM
The first time is the worst, honey, but Tilly will have a fab time, and really won't think about where you are an awful lot.... she'll be far too busy meeting new friends and having fun.

It's the humans that get more upset than the dogs, and even this gets better each time you do it.

Enjoy your holiday - you deserve it

Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Back from my jollies
Had a fab time & although I missed Tilly heaps, I only contacted once to be told she was having a great time & was being very good
We didn't get back until early hours so collecting her at 3pm this afternoon - that's 1 hour & 59 minutes to go
ooooooh I can't wait to see my girl
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Back from my jollies
Had a fab time & although I missed Tilly heaps, I only contacted once to be told she was having a great time & was being very good
We didn't get back until early hours so collecting her at 3pm this afternoon - that's 1 hour & 59 minutes to go
ooooooh I can't wait to see my girl

It sounds like she is doing well, i have a month to go till my hols and we are away two weeks, so hope ours is a success.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Welcome back Suzie - she'll soon be with you hon

Hope you had a lovely time xx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
It sounds like she is doing well, i have a month to go till my hols and we are away two weeks, so hope ours is a success.
It'll be fine
I'm chomping at the bit waiting to go & get her, but we've agreed not make too much fuss
There has been another collie there with her & they have become great friends - copying off each other & playing I hope she wants to come home