Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2011, 01:52 PM

Staffie breeding

ok so my staffie is neutered so dont even start with the pc crap but I heard that when staffies mate that it wont be succesful if they dont 'turn' is this correct and if so then why? im confused
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 02:52 PM
What do u mean by turn?x
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 03:34 PM
This is not true, all breeds can have puppies whether the dog turns or not. It is less likely if it is a slip mating ie they don't tie at all but even then it is possible for there to be puppies.
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
This is not true, all breeds can have puppies whether the dog turns or not. It is less likely if it is a slip mating ie they don't tie at all but even then it is possible for there to be puppies.
thanks =] was puzzling me as I heard the phrase on another site.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Not sure what you mean by 'don't even start with all the pc crap'. Nice way to start a post.
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Not sure what you mean by 'don't even start with all the pc crap'. Nice way to start a post.
I mean I don't want stuck up people jumping down my throat which is generally what happens as soon as you put staffie and breeding in the same sentence.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Ah! I understand! Stuck up people who are sick and tired of seeing Staffie after Staffie killed due to the selfish greed of non stuck up people! Thanks for clearing that up.
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Ah! I understand! Stuck up people who are sick and tired of seeing Staffie after Staffie killed due to the selfish greed of non stuck up people! Thanks for clearing that up.
no. stuck up people who think others don't already know this and want to be holier than thou and tell other people what to do. =]
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 04:34 PM
To be fair (and you have already said your dog is neutered ) you only have to look on a certain freead site and there are pages and pages of Staffies free to good (yeah right) home or just going very cheap. Plus the rescues are full to bursting of them. I don't see it as being holier than thou when I challenge a person who is thinking of breeding their Staffie. I see it as potentially saving even more dogs from being destroyed. I would be surprised at any Staffie lover not getting upset at the mention of breeding more of them.
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-05-2011, 04:40 PM
To be fair (and you have already said your dog is neutered ) you only have to look on a certain freead site and there are pages and pages of Staffies free to good (yeah right) home or just going very cheap. Plus the rescues are full to bursting of them. I don't see it as being holier than thou when I challenge a person who is thinking of breeding their Staffie. I see it as potentially saving even more dogs from being destroyed. I would be surprised at any Staffie lover not getting upset at the mention of breeding more of them.
I see your point and understand it, I do, but I just don't like people telling other people how to behave. there's too many humans in the world, so should we all get sterilized? I hate people breeding staffies, not because there's too many of them, but because people just don't know enough about them to care for them effectively so maybe people should concentrate on teaching owners how to look after there dogs rather than just saying there's too many staffies and your evil for breeding them. =]
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >