Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
People complain that they take ex breeding dogs people complain that they take dogs from Ireland people complain that they re home disabled dogs people complain that they are too strict in their re homing policies ..
Lets face it people just like to complain ....
From their armchairs surrounded by their dogs of the 'right' breed, bought from the 'right' places.

rune
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
People complain that they take ex breeding dogs people complain that they take dogs from Ireland people complain that they re home disabled dogs people complain that they are too strict in their re homing policies ..
Lets face it people just like to complain ....
Ohh you forgot - people complain that their rescue dog is too pretty
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Oh----I didn't realise you meant breed rescues!

Do you mean they are the wrong breed?

I don't think any breed rescues have neutering policies do they? The ones I have had contact with haven't.

rune
Oh yes they do, the ones I work with require a letter from the new owners vet confirming that the dog/bitch has been neutered. If the dog is a stray bitch then it is not possible to know if it has been spayed without an ultrasound of course. The last few i have been involved with have already been neutered before rehoming

I don't think Rips would be looking for a dog/bitch of the breed I help out most with
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 03:49 PM
From their armchairs surrounded by their dogs of the 'right' breed, bought from the 'right' places.

rune
My dogs are the right breed for me, but then so is the little deaf boy at MT !!!!!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I find it hard to understand looking for a rescue of a specific breed---as far as I am concerned I have never got to choose a rescue---I could always have said no but they have always just arrived or been desperate for some other reason.

Etta I suppose I 'chose'---but I didn't go out to get a springer . If I wanted a dog of a specific breed I would buy it. As I think you do?

rune
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I find it hard to understand looking for a rescue of a specific breed---as far as I am concerned I have never got to choose a rescue---I could always have said no but they have always just arrived or been desperate for some other reason.

Etta I suppose I 'chose'---but I didn't go out to get a springer . If I wanted a dog of a specific breed I would buy it. As I think you do?

rune
I dont get that. People have preferred breeds they want to home, why not go to a rescue for your preferred breed instead of buying it? Also even if its a rescue, don't you effectively buy it anyway as there is a 'donation' charge?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Ohh you forgot - people complain that their rescue dog is too pretty
Who.....???
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
I dont get that. People have preferred breeds they want to home, why not go to a rescue for your preferred breed instead of buying it? Also even if its a rescue, don't you effectively buy it anyway as there is a 'donation' charge?
I am sure many people do have preferrred breeds---but if you winge about the policies rescue organisations have then you are really better off going to the breed rescue or buying a pup----sorry my post wasn't very clear having re read it.

Yes you do buy a dog from rescue----I wasn't actually thinking about the money side when I said buy---more the concept of getting a dog from the breeder.

rune
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Anyway back to the pup at hand ...
Update .BEING FOSTERED IN GLENROTHES, FIFE

Asprilla has only been with us a few days but he is a real pleasure to have around. He has stunning markings and a very loving puppy. His undershot jaw is not very noticeable so please do not let that put you off applying for him - it does not affect him any way. He is a playful pup who gets on really well with other dogs but could go on his own. He is living with 3 young children (6, 4 and 3 years old) who he loves to play with. Travels well in the car. House training is going fine - is learning to go outside to the toilet. He sleeps all night in the kitchen with no problems. He would make a fantastic family pet. He will need long walks as he gets bigger to burn off some of his energy! If you are looking for a dog to do agility with then he would be ideal but its not a must! He is patiently waiting for his new family.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:59 PM

rune
So I should get a mongrel/rottie/dobe etc because they are in rescue & only buy my "preferred breeds ??

What a load of tosh. BCs are one of three breeds that "suit me"I've 40 years experience of BCs so would be better placed than a first time owner to rehome a BC especially if it is deaf or needing training etc because i have some"inside"knowledge of the breed-the same would apply to GSDs, one dog that I helped rehome recently would have been welcome here if she had liked cats & small dogs-sadly she doesn't, but now has a super experienced home. My last GSD was a rescue BTW
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >