Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lennydoglover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2011, 03:47 PM

Who else can I complain to? This so called rescue needs shutting down

I have serious concerns about a so called rescue centre local to where I live. They have been reported to the rspca and I have been informed today by another rescue that they have been reported numerous times but the rspca have done nothing to help those poor dogs.

I know of somebody who used to work there and she has told me stories about the place I can only call horrific. I also know somebody who rescued a dog from there who has major issues and I visited there myself last week and what I saw confirmed some of what I already had been told about the place. I don't know what to do. If the rspca won't help then who will? The staff obviously don't care about the dogs there and they should be ashamed to call themselves a rescue centre.
I have spent hours crying not knowing what I can do to help.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Try your local Council first. Make a formal complaint in writing, and send copies to your local Councillors, plus anyone else who may need to know.
A chat with someone on the local paper is always a good idea, too.
Gather evidence - times, dates, photos - all this is useful.
Good luck.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi Leanne and welcome to Dogsey

Agree with Claire- very good advice

I have little or no faith in the RSPCA-dont want to start an argument on here BUT
I would ring them over and over again and get as many others to do the same-your friend who used to work there and the owner of the dog who came from there
(They dont have to give their names if they dont want to)

I reported 2 dogs in the garden at the back of us
again and again and again and got my neighbours to do the same( like you I cried every time I saw them from my back bedroom window)
Eventually someone came out
if they hadnt I would have carried ion ringing

Do hope you can get something done-for the dogs sake and yours too as I know from experience that something like this is in your mind all the time
Maureen

P.S I worked for a rescue(unpaid) for 10 yrs and dont know how anyone can be in a Rescue and not care about the animals-why are they there then?

Good luck,keep us updated-we are all here for you
and hope you enjoy Dogsey -its a friendly forum site with lots of people who CARE
Maureen
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Im volunteering, basically I do mornings upto lunch with the many rabbits there, and spend the avos walking or getting to know the dogs, even if it just means taking the dogs out and sitting in a field on our own, just me, the dogs and a toy, but you can tell whose there because its a job, and whose their because its their passion, their love, their life, and I don't understand it either, how people can work in a care position, but not care, but then I don't really speak to the people who don't care, the wife don't like me, the husband is under the thumb, and although looks like he wants to say hi wont go against his wifes wishes , and the others leaving, but do all you can, I think its time that all those who don't care are forced out of any caring positions to let those who do care do their work, as uncaring people are doing nobody, and no animal any favours. Rant over!