Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 02:35 AM

New Job...

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd post and tell you all my news. Today I popped into a local gay bar/club, not the one I used to work in but another where everyone who used to work together now works lol! So I called in and the owner said I could come in for an hour on Tuesday do a training session and then work as a barmaid for them. Excellent. So I got home and as I did I had a phone call asking me to go in tonight. So I did, I've been in work 6pm-1am lol!

Just got home (through the snow) after having the biggest confidence boost ever.....as some of you many know, a week ago today (Saturday) my ex finished with me for good, we've been on and off for a while, but it really is over now, and I'm really sad as we were supposed to be going away today for her weekend Birthday treat that I booked....but obviously we're not.....but as soon as I walked into work, there were girls all talking to me (not just ordering drinks before the smartie pants among us write something lol!) and two girls asked me for my full name to add me on the book of face, so I gave it to them. Absolutely loving the attention, boosting my confidence way back up on the richter scale!!!!

Anyway, then I went into the club and there was the absolutely adorable really cute looking girl, she smiled so I smiled back, and then next thing she gave one of the boys her number with a message saying "you're gorgeous xx" I didn't even have to ask for it! Anyway I finished early so I went and had a dance with her and a bit of a kiss.....she asked me to stay, but I said I had to go and that I'd text her. I was surprised that I was actually leaving, but I realised that I'm not ready for anything and a kiss was all I really wanted at that time....but not bad day for me eh, I went to uni this morning poor and now I'm the only barmaid in the biggest gay bar in town, and I'm being flirted with! Kristy can't have been right when she said I"m not attractive surely if I'm getting all this attention!

I had a ball and the guys I work with are all lovely, so all in all what could of been a horrendous day ended up being not half bad!

Just thought I'd share with everyone!
Hope you're ok!
Lorna xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 04:39 AM
Delighted for you hon - that's a brilliant post
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Fantastic, Lorna.

Take it slowly please (mothering mode *on*) and enjoy yourself!

x0x0x0x0x
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Brilliant! Your ex's have been so wrong (and you know it!)...

I think you should just stay single, but make sure you get plenty of kisses from gorgeous girlies to keep your technique sharp for when the right girlie comes along!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Sounds like you should sit back and enjoy the ride ;o)

Good luck to you xx
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Its great to hear your lifes on the up at last, as vicky says take it slow, don't jump in on the rebound. mothering radar on full alert.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 08:25 AM
So glad to read this post. Enjoy!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Great news Lorna - not a bad day then getting work AND all that attention lol

Looks like your luck is changing, good on you girl
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 09:25 AM
so pleased things are looking good for you hun, please please take it slow get to now the person first and have some fun for a change hun
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 10:11 AM
I don't plan on doing anything with anyone for quite some time....I've got a lot on this month, two big projects, two essays and I'm moving at the end of the month to a new apartment in Swansea, so I am just going to keep my head down, and yes very much enjoy all the attention! xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >