Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Vertigo (and the associated Labyrinthitis and Menieres disease) are horrid!

She may never be able to drive if she is diagnosed with severe Menieres disease, or work again, so that part is true (but only if she is eventually diagnosed with Menieres)

When I had vertigo, I needed several MRI scans done on my head, so I suspect these have turned into "brain scans"

However, Vertigo and Labyrinthitis can be cured/controlled with drugs (my vertigo took a few months to totally disappear but the medication helped enormously)

She is still taking this poor bloke for a ride! All he has to do is google or go on NHS direct and find out for himself!
He has done but I don't think he wants to believe his wife is lying all over again when they have ment to have 'sorted' it. My Nan has Vertigo and has had it since she was a teenager and sometimes is really ill with it. The doctors have said nothing more they can do she just has to take the meds and put up with it and she has never had any kind of scan so I guess I was just going by that. Just seems she's exaggerating, or if she was told that as in a worst case scenario and making out that is the be all and end all if you know what I mean?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
He has done but I don't think he wants to believe his wife is lying all over again when they have ment to have 'sorted' it. My Nan has Vertigo and has had it since she was a teenager and sometimes is really ill with it. The doctors have said nothing more they can do she just has to take the meds and put up with it and she has never had any kind of scan so I guess I was just going by that. Just seems she's exaggerating, or if she was told that as in a worst case scenario and making out that is the be all and end all if you know what I mean?
The MRI's I had were to check that there was nothing more serious wrong with me! Once I'd had them the attitude was "Here are your tablets, bye!"

I suspect that this woman is lying and trying to make a big song and dance out of something, that is nothing really! You're right, she's exaggerating big style!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
The MRI's I had were to check that there was nothing more serious wrong with me! Once I'd had them the attitude was "Here are your tablets, bye!"

I suspect that this woman is lying and trying to make a big song and dance out of something, that is nothing really! You're right, she's exaggerating big style!
Exactly, thanx.
Will just have to wait and see again I guess, hopefully sooner rather than later but the cancer story didn't really take all that long to come out of the woodwork. Feel like i'm hitting my head against a brick wall though.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 04:56 PM
ok not had tme to read all the thread, but it sounds like Munchausens syndrome
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles...?articleId=256

either that or she is a fruit loop!

just my tuppence worth

Alex
xx
random
Dogsey Veteran