View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Im so sorry to hear this. My best friend had the same thing happen between her fiance and her younger SISTER. She was completely distraught but now, a year or two down the line i think she is over the worst of it. She is now speaking to her sister again and although she did get back with the fiance she has recently broken up with him and this time it is for good.
I know it hurts so so badly but in the end you will be better off without them both. My friend is now moving back to her parents, paying off all her debts, and will soon be able to learn to drive, buy and car and then hopefully get herself on the houseing ladder. None of which she was able to do while she was with him.
It feels like total darkness now but you're not allone. We are all here for you and its good that your sister is coming to stay with you for a while too. Plus dont feel you cant lean on your other friends as im sure they will want to help you too. Dont be afraid to cry and rant and rave cos it will make you feel better and is all part fo the healing process.

Big hugs and if you want to speak to my friend she is round today so im sure she would be happy to talk to you if you wanted to pm me x
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 09:19 AM
I am so so sorry to hear this - you must be suffering. But, you know what? - they deserve each other..............and you deserve much better. Neither of them are your friends - get rid.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 09:27 AM
i dont know what to say....

((((((hugs)))))) to you x
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 09:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear this bin the pair of them stay strong for your Daughter and your dogs thinking of you big hugs xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 09:38 AM
So sorry to hear your news, you must be feeling dreadful at the moment. It, so good your sister is coming to see you at least you will have someone to talk to about it, and it does help. As for your husband and best friend what they have done to you is dispicable. Whatever you do don,t let them try to make you feel guilty about anything, they are just trying to pass blame and make themselves feel better. Sounds like they deserve each other, two untrustworthy people together. Stay strong you deserve so much better. Big hugs to you and your daughter.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 09:40 AM
crikey great friend and crap husband sounds like they have played you for a fool

hang up and ignore them both

take care we are all here for you ..you are never alone x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 09:44 AM
omg that is bloody awful, but you have to make a decision as to whether you will forgive him and take him back. 21 years married with a lovely daughter - he will be back at some stage! The question is can you forgive and forget - Is this totally out of character for him ? have there been any blips in you marriage before ?
It sounds if this friend has only just appeared on the scene, is she without a partner, has she confessed to being sad and lonely - is he feeling sorry for her ?
Both have commited a cardinal sin and it's up to you at the end of the day, but it will hurt like hell.
Bar stewards the pair of them
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
omg that is bloody awful, but you have to make a decision as to whether you will forgive him and take him back. 21 years married with a lovely daughter - he will be back at some stage! The question is can you forgive and forget - Is this totally out of character for him ? have there been any blips in you marriage before ?
It sounds if this friend has only just appeared on the scene, is she without a partner, has she confessed to being sad and lonely - is he feeling sorry for her ?
Both have commited a cardinal sin and it's up to you at the end of the day, but it will hurt like hell.
Bar stewards the pair of them

Been together since I was 15. There have been blips, by me. We have been good for the last 10 yrs and I thought we had got to a stage where we would grow old together.
She has been her ex who is much older than her and he went off with a very much younger model.
My oh has been helping her to get over the breakup and we have all gone out of our way to support her.

I feel a fool! I will probably still take him back if he gets his act together.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Men are so weak in those situations... they believe they can move the world - but what they dont realise is the damage they are doing in the meantime
Can you try to stay strong, be honest when he asks, tell him how you feel, but under no circumstances are you prepared to be second fiddle!!
Hugs to you xx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by skjerstad View Post
My oh has been helping her to get over the breakup and we have all gone out of our way to support her.

I feel a fool! I will probably still take him back if he gets his act together.
Oh what a lovely way to thank you both for your concern and thoughtfulness
I would book an immediate holiday in the sun for myself and child and sister if possible and leave them to it, see how the land lies on my return. Methinks he will realise his mistake pretty damn quick.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »