Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 05:04 PM

drug addicts

Every time I go to my local chemists to get a prescription (which is every month) I have to stand and wait wile druggies get their daily dose of methadone, behind curtains of course.
I, and two other customers had to wait 15 mins while they stood and watched him pour the c**p down his throat.
This also happened last year, only there were 3 of them, six customers had to stand for 25 mins.

In scotland, there are now 21,000 heroin addicts here.

Up here the NHS seems to pander to these idiots at our expense. We pay for the methadone, we pay for the benefits they're on, they don't even pay for the B****y prescription.

The scottish parly's to blame for most of this, and so are the GP's. How many more patients could a GP see if his time was'nt wasted on trash like them.

Lock em up in a padded cell, keep them there until their head's sorted, then give them a jab that'll make them ill if they try anymore illegal substances.

What's it like in england ?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I used to think like that but as someone who suffers from severe depression I can sort of understand why they go wrong although I've never turned to drink and drugs. I do think they need help but they need to be put in a secure place and have counselling and education while they are weaned off the drugs.
I had never seen any one take methadone until a month ago when they took it in view of everyone. They got very fidgety while waiting and I could foresee that some may over spill and become abusive.
They need help but not just a free drug to mimic what they used to pay for.
Becky
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-07-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm on a drug.....................Its called life lol
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2007, 06:34 PM
They probably serve them as quickly as they can to get them out of the shop before any trouble starts..
I would think its in your best interests as well as the chemists to get them out asap..
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I used to think like that but as someone who suffers from severe depression I can sort of understand why they go wrong although I've never turned to drink and drugs. I do think they need help but they need to be put in a secure place and have counselling and education while they are weaned off the drugs.
I had never seen any one take methadone until a month ago when they took it in view of everyone. They got very fidgety while waiting and I could foresee that some may over spill and become abusive.
They need help but not just a free drug to mimic what they used to pay for.
Becky
Becky, they're using methodone as well as heroin, They get their fixes between 09:00 an 10:00 every morning, it keeps them going until they get their heroin later in the day.
there's a queue out side the docs and the chemists every morning. (the chemists shop is only 60 yards from the surgery)
If they want to kill themselves, thats up to them, but why inconvenience everybody with their selfish, selfindulgent nasty habits.

They're all on benefits cos they're in such a state they can't keep a job down.
Most of the crimes commited are drug related, so they can feed their nasty habits. Lock em up.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Did you know that it only cost 38p to buy a bullet.

Put them all down.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Did you know that it only cost 38p to buy a bullet.

Put them all down.
Ah, Colin, I wondered when you would come in, Welcome.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 06:59 PM
The problem is that if the goverment charged addicts for their prescription-they would only go out and thieve to fund it which is what they were doing to pay for their heroin habit anyway.Also,i guess they get preferential treatment at chemists cause if they get kept waiting too long-they may wander off to buy the real thing-possibly shoplifting/mugging on route.

The goverment paying for methadone is a small price to pay when you consider that an average addict needs something like £100 per day to fund their habit and that money comes from people like us when we are robbed or burgled.I would rather them use methadone than break into my house for its contents.

I knew a heroin addict who was an alright guy and can honestly say sometimes life can be very cruel and throws all manner of bad luck at them so drugs seem like an escape route.He saved my life when i was drowning in the river while swimming as a teenager and i will always be eternally grateful.Even when he was at a low ebb in his life and i saw him in town-he could always reconise me and say "hello Steven".Sadly he died couple of years ago at only 39 years old due to long term drug use-then his wife died soon after of same reasons (she too was an addict).They leave a 15 year old daughter.

So i see it from both sides of the fence.Addicts need help-not anger.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I met a bloke in rehab when I had my leg off, he was in his 50's, he was taken methadone, which straight away I recoiled when I found out, but he was honest and blunt. He was perscribed it for pain, and he was trying to get off it because of the stigma that has been shown here towards people being on the stuff. Some times we don't understand the background of the people that use this substance, and we jump to conclusions, as I did with this man.

I'm not saying that we should forgive them but sometimes I think that we are sometimes too harsh on people we don't know.

Ian
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
So i see it from both sides of the fence.Addicts need help-not anger.
I see It from both sides too having a friend who's son has had problems, but at the same time I find it very difficult to feel any kind of sympathy for the addicts themselves its for their familys and those left behind like the daughter you mention above that I can sympathise with.

Also It does make you wonder why we work so hard to pay a mortgage and look after our familys when some people get everything handed out on a plate because they have a drug addiction!

I read a really good book when I was in my teens that put me off ever going near drugs I reckon they should add it to the national curriculum! will find a copy for my children when they are old enough.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »