Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Bens Mum, YAY for you :smt026 , very well done, 3 months is fantastic!!!!!!!!!
Can I suggest that the 'wind' is caused by being fagless, not the mints . I am on day 8 and OH is on day 7 and there's always a hurricane blowing in our house Apparently, according to a help forum, this wind is perfectly normal, widespread throughout the UK and it lasts for AGES!!!!!!! :smt044
There's an up-side then Ash? PMSL

Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
There's an up-side then Ash? PMSL
Cheers V :smt044 - Indoor kite flying is going to be the next craze - watch this space!! or maybe synchronized botty burping - up for it?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 04:58 PM
What's actually causing the wind is Sorbitol, which is an active ingredient in almost all sugar-free mints........ black pud, sprouts, turkey dinners, and a mean vindaloo have the same effect
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy

And you have been blaming poor Vegas for all this time - shame on you
Oh no-they really are stinky Foxy-much worse than a dogs!

He has a wind problem also so im waiting for the paint to start peeling from walls soon...
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
What's actually causing the wind is Sorbitol, which is an active ingredient in almost all sugar-free mints........ black pud, sprouts, turkey dinners, and a mean vindaloo have the same effect
Cheers Vicki-i'll try sucking on Refreshers or fruit Polos instead!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Sorry cannot help here, I look like a Turkey most of the times

Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 05:09 PM
How's it going Steve?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
How's it going Steve?
Really good LS-apparently i've saved almost £105 through not buying fags,but havent a clue where this money is cause it aint in my pockets. Im feeling better physically with no coughing fits in morning,breathing is better and i dont stink of smoke anymore!

I try not to leave the patches on over night though cause they give me horrific nightmares.Had one wednesday night which consisted of the creature from the 'Alien' films eating me alive (im not kidding here!).Apparently,its a common side effect of the 24hr patches to do this during the night-perhaps i should flog em' as legal LSD...
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 06:00 PM
and would the extra cash from that disappear as well? Maybe you're buying snacks with it or something? It happens, doesn't it, spare cash seems to find a way out of your pocket without you even knowing . Hope you get through the night okay without them anyway. You've done really well, I bet you're dead proud of yourself - congrats!
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Well done to all who are giving up or have given up!

My OH Carl went cold turkey. He didnt smoke in the house just at the office, the pub, car etc.... I took him on holiday to Florida for 3 weeks and told him he would have his last one before we went! Well he didnt have a single one the whole time we were away. He did give in and have a couple when we got home but when i caught him at work one day i told him if i caught him again he would be OUT! lol

Seemed to work though because as far as i know he has not had a single one since then. That was back in April.

A lot of people i know that have given up successfully have said the little nicorette inhalers REALLY helped them. Yes i know it looks like you are sucking on a tampon and all that crap but it puts something in your hands and still gives you that boost if you need it. Try it, you may find it helps you.

Anyway, regardless, good luck you sound like you are doing really well! :smt038

x
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >