Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
and would those clients put you before a loved one? would they put you before starting a family just because they get on well with you?

Would they work while they had kids simply so they could keep you in a job?

I doubt it somehow.

You may just find that a few years later those same clients are happy to go back to you as a dog walker.

Thing is there are ways and means and just because you take a couple of months off does not mean you can't go back to work, not if you keep people informed.

So basically, you could have kids now if you REALLY wanted and felt it was right. Sometimes something has to give and if it means taking a couple of months off work and using part time childcare to keep your business going then thats what you have to do, either that or you just accept that sometimes you cannot have it ALL.
Im well aware that something will have to give. Im not planning on keeping the buisness going and having a baby at the same time as i have said all along in this thread. If I get pregnant then the buisness goes on hold for as long as I see fit - which will be more than a couple of months, could even be years. I may even go into a school assistant job or along those lines so that I have the school holidays free - like my mum has done through mine and my sisters entire lives.

At what point did I say i want it all?! sorry but your post has come across as being very condecending - whether it was intended that way or not.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Im well aware that something will have to give. Im not planning on keeping the buisness going and having a baby at the same time as i have said all along in this thread. If I get pregnant then the buisness goes on hold for as long as I see fit - which will be more than a couple of months, could even be years. I may even go into a school assistant job or along those lines so that I have the school holidays free - like my mum has done through mine and my sisters entire lives.

At what point did I say i want it all?! sorry but your post has come across as being very condecending - whether it was intended that way or not.
no it wasnt intended that way

The thing is from an 'outsider' POV:
1) you want a baby
2) you want a business
3) You said having a baby is more important than the business

So whats the dilema?

Either you are going to feel like you want a baby the way you feel now, for longer to keep the walking business going, OR you have a baby.

and 4) if you like your work enough then you will still be doing it in 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now, so the dilema will be exactly the same

PS; life is short, I have known people who have died in their 40's, people who sons have died in their 20's......go with what your gut instinct wants, sometimes that means just go ahead and 'bite the bullet' IF it feels right to you.

what will be the difference stopping your business in 10 years time other than the fact that you will be in your thirties instead of your twenties? So IF it feels RIGHT to you and you are both happy etc etc then I dont know why your put it off tbh, BUT thats your choice, feelings etc and only you can know whats right for you
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8