Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I'm struggling today Haven't had a ciggie for 4 days now & I don't particulary want one - but I feel agitated & can't get motivated & yet I can't keep still for long. I think it's because it's Saturday!
I've flitted about all day achieving not much & keep eyeing up the biscuit tin!
Sounds stupid I know, but have you tried drinking lots of water?

You always put a bit of weight on when you quit smoking, don't try and quit as well as diet together.....Doesn't work!

If you want a biscuit, have one
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Well folks things have got a bit easier, since my last post, i have actually gone 3 days now, i got so angry with myself for smoking that fag on Wednesday i haven't had one since.

Tillymint
I'm struggling today Haven't had a ciggie for 4 days now & I don't particulary want one - but I feel agitated & can't get motivated & yet I can't keep still for long. I think it's because it's Saturday!
I've flitted about all day achieving not much & keep eyeing up the biscuit tin!
Well done Tillymint keep going, I know what you mean I'm not getting a lot done either, the biscuit tin is tempting and i think I'm drinking to much coffee
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 12:46 PM
You are all doing so well, but please stop saying you are giving up that immeadietly makes the human brain crave what it thinks its missing. You are gaining so much only losing bad stuff and an early death. Think positive.
The nicotine is out of your system (if you don't use nicotine replacement) within 24 hrs so the rest is in your head, the habit of having one at certain times the feeling you should have one its all in your mind. its that you have to change.
Its only as hard as you let your mind make it, just say to yourself if you feel you want one that you know you don't need one its just your mind playing tricks.
Nobody needs a cigarette they don't stop you being stressed make your life rich and marverlous, otherwise non smokers would be the most stressed people in the world but in fact its smokers who are more stressed, worrying about thier next cigarette and you certainly won't be rich being a smoker and how can life be marvelous when your killing yourself and stink of smoke.
Keep it up and soon you will realise you havn't even given them a thought all day.
Its been about 4 months since I stopped smoking so its still fresh in my head as to how you are all feeling.
I am proud of you all keep going its really worth it.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
You are all doing so well, but please stop saying you are giving up that immeadietly makes the human brain crave what it thinks its missing. You are gaining so much only losing bad stuff and an early death. Think positive.
The nicotine is out of your system (if you don't use nicotine replacement) within 24 hrs so the rest is in your head, the habit of having one at certain times the feeling you should have one its all in your mind. its that you have to change.
Its only as hard as you let your mind make it, just say to yourself if you feel you want one that you know you don't need one its just your mind playing tricks.
Nobody needs a cigarette they don't stop you being stressed make your life rich and marverlous, otherwise non smokers would be the most stressed people in the world but in fact its smokers who are more stressed, worrying about thier next cigarette and you certainly won't be rich being a smoker and how can life be marvelous when your killing yourself and stink of smoke.
Keep it up and soon you will realise you havn't even given them a thought all day.
Its been about 4 months since I stopped smoking so its still fresh in my head as to how you are all feeling.
Good advice! & well done you for 4 months
I'm happy today because I already have £35 saved in my pot since last week
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post

I agree Tillymint that does sound like good advice! & great to hear you've gone 4 months madmare, it certainly helps me to hear how other people felt, i think it's that feeling that you are not doing this alone, thanks madmare
Nugga
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Well done everyone, i've been stopped 2yrs and can relate to what your all going thro, please don't diet and stop smoking at the same time it doesn't work, once you've stopped and feel comfortable that you've stopped then worry about your diet, anyway i have a quit counter if anyones interested, it tells you how much you save. how much days of your life you've saved, how clean your lungs are etc if you want me to send you a link let me know it certainly helped me along the way
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Hope everybody is doing well???
I'm having up & down days, not reaching for a fag or anything, but feeling SO tired! I could actually fall asleep now & I've only been up a few hours The dreams are getting on my nerves a bit & waking me up every few hours at night, so not getting a proper nights sleep anyway. It's the one side effect of the tablets I wasn't looking forward to!
On a good note - I'm tasting food I've put on 4lbs but actually look better for it (less saggy round the face!) and I've been doing some speed walking with Tilly I'm even thinking I may break into a jog soon
I went to the clinic & blew into the tube thing which says how much rubbish is in your bloodsteam or something, on my first reading was 24, this time it was 2
Yesterday I had my nails done & my hair highlighted as a "treat to self"
Onwards & upwards
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Im a non smoker,never tried a cigarette in my life,possibly because both my parents smoked heavily and my died died at only 56 from lung disease.I can remember as a child our house and clothes having an awful smell and the wallpaper and curtains always being yellow. Ive been married to a smoker for 40 yrs and he has smoked for about 53 years,have tried everything to get him to stop -begging,bribing,banishing to outdoors to smoke etc etc.Our 2 children have never smoked and have tried to get him to stop.So many happy times were spoilt because he would sneak off for a cigarette.Well he has managed for 9 weeks now with the help ofCHAMPIX.He had some nausea,tiredness and strange dreams at the beginning but he now has regained his sense of smell,doesnt smell like an ashtray ,nor do his clothes and he doesnt cough,something he would do constantly especially in the morning.So PLEASE persevere and as a previous post said think of it not as giving something up ,but as gaining so much-not only for you but for your family Good luck to all of you(We have had a stressful time in the last 2 days after losing 1 of our dogs suddenly,both feeling devastated.(Ive posted this on other forums on Dogsey)Previously he would have reached for his cigarettes , and I am SO proud of him for not doing so and being able to support me)
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Gave up using Allen Carr.
Different triggers for everbody.
think of whatever reason you give yourself for having a cigarette and then ask how non smokers get by without one.
A lot of people give up giving up as soon as they have another cig.
Give yourself a pat on the back for going without as long as you did and then continue to be a non smoker.
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2011, 06:16 PM
d day tomoz got some patches and lollipops and a big tin of paint , gonna strip the study and repaint and of course got dogs to groom , wish me luck got noooooo willpower xxxxx
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »