Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I know I need to go to see a doctor and get help, at the moment I can't plan anything to do that and can't think what I will say if I do. It all sounds so silly and childish and perhaps its me who is the one that needs a good kick up the backside after all.
Bev why can't you do anything about getting help, what needs planning
I'm not the biggest fan of doctors at the minute with what I'm going through but they are essential if you want to get better, mine has fobbed me off repeatedly and I'm quite vocal so yes I feel narked but yours doesn't know what's going on so how can he help you? Don't put it off, make the appointment and get it sorted. Do you want someone to go with you?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
First off Bev, you are no mad woman!! You are hurting, I haven't read all the posts just your first and your last, I got a lump in my throat reading them and the screen has gone blurry for some reason
Your sons seem selfish and tiresome to say the least, no wonder you are drained and wondering WTH!!
I wouldn't let my neighbour walk home from the hospital, let alone my mother or grandmother. Financially strapped or not, I would find a way, to get to that hospital.
I would love to kick your sons up the bum and tell them what for.
But to you I say this, stop helping them out, as hard as it may be for you, they are fully grown adults and do not give you one ounce of respect and that is like giving a child a lolly after they have been misbehaving badly, and that should be told to them and they need to realise that even if they choose not to change. I know you love them, but you have got to look after yourself first and foremost and then your granddaughter.
If you need to seek help from your doctor, then do so, don't feel foolish or childish, what you have talked about it real and if you are finding it hard for whatever reason, it is not stupid. If you don't know what to say to them write it down and hand it to your doctor to read. Your feelings, your actions and your worries. They are professionals and if they can't see that life gets difficult for people for so many reasons then you need to find one that does.
It wouldn't surprise me if the chest pain you have been having is related to your feelings, the stress in your mind is tilting over into physical symptoms, your body it trying to tell you something, if you ignore it, it will only get worse.
Family or not, you have people who care and love you, hold onto them and let go of the toxic people who will drain you until you have nothing left, you deserve much better.
So now I am sending you a massive cyber hug and from what I now of you and even if you don't feel it at the moment, you are am amazingly strong woman, sometimes admitting you need help or need to vent can be one of the hardest things to do. xxxx
Thankyou, I think all this has been building for a while. I have had a lot of big things through the years and none have ever been straightforward. I will beat it though and bounce back again.

Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
The chest pain could be due to anxiety/stress, PLEASE see your GP, they are there to help and don't be ashamed to ask for help, after the birth of my first son i had PND i didn't realise it at the time, i thought i was losing the plot. I went to to see the nurse at my GPs and broke down, she was brilliant and i got the help i needed and felt so much better, please don't suffer in silence xxx
I think the chest pain was stress as all tests come back clear and my heart was normal. I will try and make that appointment to see my gp. Its just not easy as you have to put the phone on redial from 8am to get in as you can't prebook an appointment. If you are not through by 8.30 you won't get an appointment that day and you have to wait for the next and start on redial again. That can be sould destroying in itself when your feeling low anyway.

Originally Posted by jols View Post
Please go to the docs and if you really dont know what to say print out what you have wrote on here and give it to the doc to read.

And then take it from there.
I will, Thankyou

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Bev you are not mad. You are hurt and depressed. When I popover one day next week or even the end of this week we will pop out as arranged and take the dogs for their walk later in the afternoon. You can chat, rant, cry as much as you want it may then help get things in perspective I know it has me when I have felt so low with life.

Let me know what day and I will be over. Meanwhile here's a cyber hug till I get there to give you a real hug. X
Thanks Lynn, its going to be great to have some adult conversation and just get out of these 4 walls with someone to talk to still apart from my dogs. I think its really going to help lift me.

Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
You're not mad and please like others have said get to see your gp or even a telephone appoinment to start with(if your gp does them). I often get chest pains (had breakdown earlier this year) due to stress/anxiety, it is quite frightening, but have been checked out ecg etc) and doctors say that's what it is. Hope you feel bit better today (x)
I will get that appointment with the doctor, I just feel tired and drained and need to find the ooomph to do it and clear my head to remember the time to ring.

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Bev so sorry I missed this, typical of me always to be the coos tail (is that an expression you use down there as well as up here? )

I agree with what everyone else has said. I saw my dear old gran suffer at the hands of my uncle, all his childhood and young adult life he wanted for nothing and could do no wrong even when it was wrong yet he married had his own family and began to ignore grans requests for help always being to busy to see her etc etc eventually one day he moved to Plymouth, or was it Portsmouth, anyway he was in the navy and moved there Gran used to write to him he never wrote back, she sent him money she never got a thanks then the letters would get returned, my grandad phoned and was told that Billy did not want anymore contact with the family and they had been asked not to give out any details, that was the end of my gran, she became more and more ill and within 2 years was dead, her last few hours were spent asking when Billy was coming Please please don't find yourself in that position Bev, you are worth so much more respect than that (as was my dear Gran) Summon up all that inner strength you have, you know that strength that saw you battle with everything you have to help Shady, that strength is still there hun, its just buried under all the crap, you have has a lot to deal with and I would guess there is some depression in there and its mixing with anxiety, I am no expert I am just observing what I see by your posts.

This can be treated by your doc, honest hun it's a REAL illness, once you get help you will be on a more even keel and that will make the other stuff easier to deal with one step at a time. I like others would be surprised if your chest pains aren't related to the stress and anxiety (but of course so good that you got to a hospital and please do the same if it happens again as we aren't always 100% right on Dogsey )
I can't believe you had to walk home in your slippers Bev that is terrible, if that happens again don't be afraid to ask for help, patient transfer etc should be available but I am guessing you didn't want to be a burden to people and you were probably thinking someone else might be more deserving...NO you are deserving Bev, you are not a burden and you are entitled to help if it is available and if its not get posting on here!!!
Your sons may be too selfish to appreciate you but Charlie, the dogs and the whole of Dogsey can't be wrong!!! It's your sons who are.
Print off this thread or write down how you feel even just bullet points mention everything, the happy in between times, the fear the happiness is a front, the blow outs, the crying, the feeling alone and too a degree feeling what's the point, the pains in the chest, any other physical things bad stomachs maybe? Indigestion?, sore throats?, palpitations?, shortness of breath? Get all that down on paper and get to your doc. They can and will help and you deserve that help, you deserve it so much.

Huge hugs xxx
Thanks Lynne, your post is hitting some key facts concerning me. I have to sort myself out for Charly and the dogs, its just not fair on any of them. I am struggling to keep myself acting happy and normal and succeeding for the most part, so thats good that I can still manage that and i keep hoping I will just wake up and be strong again.

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
So sorry I missed all this Bev, been a bit pre-occupied with things myself so not been able to get on here, but I am so saddened to read how you are feeling.

As the others have said, you really need to get yourself off to the GP, it will be the first step, albeit a huge one, to getting yourself back to the right frame of mind, it's something only you can do, nobody can explain to the GP how you are really feeling, you need to have a heart to heart with a professional.

I wish I were nearer, thank goodness you have Lynn coming over, that will be a great help to be able to speak with a good friend.

Huge (((hugs))) to you Bev xxx
Thanks Sheree, Yes I am so grateful to Lynn for offering to come over. I am focusing my mind heavily on that and thinking what fun it will be to have some lovely company to get out and about with and how lucky I am to have someone be so special towards me, to down everything to see me. Although you have all been special with your kind words and support, but you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Bev, you are not mad... I have done the same and worse... (not sure if thats comforting though! )
Go to the GP and take what he has to offer, maybe you need some counselling, could you do that? Your family have to know how you feel my love and if you were my Mum, I would be with you every step of the way... I am just sorry you have had to come to breaking point.
Take care, thinking of you xxx
LOL that first bit did make me smile. I'm such an impatient person I want these feelings to be gone and I am getting frustrated that I can't control them. I know I've been teetering on the edge of a cliff and I am hanging on like mad so I don't fall over that edge. I just must not fall over that edge.

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Bev why can't you do anything about getting help, what needs planning
I'm not the biggest fan of doctors at the minute with what I'm going through but they are essential if you want to get better, mine has fobbed me off repeatedly and I'm quite vocal so yes I feel narked but yours doesn't know what's going on so how can he help you? Don't put it off, make the appointment and get it sorted. Do you want someone to go with you?
Its not I can't in the factual way do anything about getting help, I just can't clear my head to do it. Its like I have a mist, no a thick fog in my head that stops me seeing what I need to be doing and what direction I need to be going. Sorry but thats the best way I can describe it.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2010, 11:57 AM
We have the same stupid booking system which is cr@p especially if you need ongoing appointments which are about 4 weeks ahead but I spoke to the receptionist and now when I ring if there's nothing available they give me one of the ones for the next day.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Yep same at my docs too and they only book appointments two weeks in advance, are you far from the docs you'd be best to go into the surgery and book it face to face either that or i call at 8.30 like you said its constantly engaged but i just keep trying till i get through
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 07:56 PM
After reading your update there Bev, I think it's time for a little help, and although you say you won't know what to say when you get in there, believe you me, you'll probably sit there and break down in tears and the doc will know straight away how to help you! I can 100% guarantee that, because if you remember, I put up a thread about poor Dave a short while ago, and he said the very same thing about going to the doc, but then when he got there, he just broke down in tears and let it all spill out (I wish I was a fly on the wall, coz I would love to have known whether I might have been the cause, or at least part of it ) Anyway, after being prescribed these little daily pills, I can honestly say, he's perked right up, over the past 3 months, he's enthusiastic about work again, he's enthusiastic about everything again, and most of all he's what I'd call "normal" again, he laughs, he talks to me and when he gets totally stressed out about something, he just walks away for a minute, or manages to let it go over his head without blowing a gasket. Sadly, the doctor now wants to wean him off them I'm getting a bit worried about that, but hopefully, if he stays in this current frame of mind it will all be ok.

So you see Bev, I'm on the outside looking in, just as I was with Dave, and I'm absolutely positive, that if you made that appointment and went to the docs you will get this much needed help in one form or another. You're not going mad, you've just had too much stress of late, well, for a really long time quite honestly, just like my Dave, and there's only so much a person can take, and you've been quite a star in managing to take the amount that you took over the past few months, and your brain is now overloaded, it can't cope, it's all in a mess, gone into meltdown, you fly off at the slightest of things because your brain just can't take anymore. You definitely need these pills Bev, and it won't be for long, but they really will help to ease all of that pain let alone how you probably can't even think straight at the moment. Worst case scenario would be you end up having a breakdown and we don't want that do we. Nobody on this earth could have handled the stress you've been through, all that organising for Shady, all that worry, all that rushing about, travelling to and fro, it's been an absolute nightmare for you that nobody would wish on anyone, and now it's payback time, your emotions and everything else have got on top of you, you need some c-a-l-m, you need to be able to think rationally, nobody is out to hurt you, not even your family, it really could be the way your brain is looking at it in it's current worn out state.

I'm rambling now, so I'll just reitterate my advice, and only because I've seen how effective that little bit of help from the doctor can be, so please, please, please, get yourself off to see him! ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))).xxxxxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry, I don't know you but you must be feeling pretty low about things just now. I have to say I agree with others that I think they need to stand on their own two feet as I think you are being taken for granted and they may not even realise it yet. Sometimes when you are the strong one that 'sorts stuff out' and are there for everyone else, people forget that actually you need help and support too. Don't feel bad for loving your pets either. I think you probably should let them know how you are feeling though as it may be that they are very busy and sometimes, even when people should realise stuff, they don't. If its too hard to say, maybe an email or letter? Even talking things out with someone else may help. I think one of the other posters idea on here is a good one too - if its hard to start talking about this to someone face-to-face, such as a doctor then even printing off what you have written and letting them see that. If the thought of what they may say/think/do is putting you off, don't let it because actually, thats not happened yet, also if the thought of medication puts you off, remember the talking itself can be a major help as well as resouces they can put you on to/let you know about. And don't be embarassed to ask for support from others either. Remember you are a valuable individual and as worth looking after as anyone else. No one thinks your mad.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm so sorry to hear how you are feeling Bev. I am very saddened and angered at how your sons are treating you, you deserve so much better.

You are so well thought of on Dogsey and have many friends on here. We are all here for you.xxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Its not I can't in the factual way do anything about getting help, I just can't clear my head to do it. Its like I have a mist, no a thick fog in my head that stops me seeing what I need to be doing and what direction I need to be going. Sorry but thats the best way I can describe it.
OK, get a pen and paper. Get a cuppa, sit down and write down what you have to do tommorow. NOT what should be done like hoover, dishes etc but what MUST be done, i.e. get up at 7am, get washed, get dressed, let dogs out, 8.30am - go to doctors and book appointment. (just example of what I mean - not always good at describing!) Do it that way, then tommorow, don't think about what should be done, just tick off the list. Deal with it one thing at a time but deal with it. You will feel better even just for taking that step. Don't pressure yourself when you feel like that, just one thing at one time and you will get there.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 09:46 AM
I've been where you are now Bev Everything that you've described above.......I kept putting off going to the doctors, even bought myself some Karms.......Now I've been on medication for 2 years or so and I feel better

Write down how you're feeling, what's bothering you and what you'd like to tell the doctor, then book that appointment.

I think counselling would help you, it's somewhere to go, and someone to talk too on a weekly basis..........Please make that call x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Enjoy your day with Lynn today Bev, it will do you the power of good.
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >