Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 06:51 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Oh what a glorious morning, and they've promised us 20 deg today and tomorrow I think

Today I will be laying turf with a bit of help from Dave cos he doesn't do gardening, but he's willing to do all the lifting for me. I nearly killed him off yesterday lugging it all up from the drive, cos being on a hill, it's quite a climb around to the back up those long steps at the side, and although I got the wheelbarrow from the van, it had a flat tyre, so it made things a bit difficult AFTER, he'd lugged it all up and the bags of topsoil, he decided to repair the tyre I mowed the lawn and prepared it all, and it's not as bad as it was last spring with Zena's wee'ing patches, she's kept those all in the middle, so it makes my job easier.

Steak and chips for lunch, so that's easy too, and not much else on the cards today.

Lynn, I hope Dillon's eye has settled down this morning and you don't have to make a vet visit. Have a lovely week-end with Gorden.

Jen, hope little Pepsi and Brian are both much better today and you too of course.

Enjoy the week-end everyone
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Morning H morning all

Pereg has just had another violent Grand Mal seizure so please excuse me if I cannot take much in today.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Morning H and Malka and all who follow.

Sun is shining and the birds are collecting bits and pieces for their nests. I can see a little mist on the horizon but I think its going to be a beautiful day.
My eldest son is coming to do a bit of digging for me this morning, before he goes to my mum and dads to do their garden, so I can get one of those little weeping cherry trees to plant and have somewhere for some pretty annual flowers.
Lyla is out stalking all the birds and I have done one load of washing and the second is nearly done so that will be going out on the line.

This evening a load of us are off to the pub as there is a really good band playing there, so it will be a late one for me with lots of dancing.

Malka sorry to hear about Pereg, thinking of you both.

Jen hope you all feel a little better today.

Lynn hope Dillons eye has improved today.

H sounds like you and Dave have been busy, hope he is not too stiff today after all that carrying.

I keep thinking it is Sunday today because I had yesterday off work to take mum to hospital. But Joy its only Saturday so the whole weekend ahead of me still

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Morning Helena I thought I would beat you today but you must of been up at the crack of dawn.
Hope the turfing goes well and try not to kill Dave off now he has decided to keep you in his future plans.
Morning Malka sorry to hear about Pereg.

Dillon's eye looking quite good this morning not as weepy as yesterday little blood shot but much better than last night. I think it was either that weed he brushed against or he has knocked it when sticking his head under the hedge to kiss Poppy.
Given him another Piriton in case it is the weed and have made up some tea and when its cold will bathe it. Hopefully no vet visit till planned in the next week or two for a routine check up to keep his insurance valid.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Morning Helena and all,

A beautiful sunny morning here and the promise of a lovely weekend I'll hopefully get the grass cut later and do some more scarifying. Also lots of washing to do. Polly (a friend) is coming over at 9.30 for a dog walk which should be nice.

Our next door neighbour's house alarm has gone off twice in the past few days and we have been having to go round as they are away and we are key holders. I think there must be a spider or something that keeps crawling over one of the sensors because we've checked every room. Last time they were away it went off but that was caused by a parakeet falling down their chimney and then causing havoc .... we thought they'd been burgled as there were ornaments on the floor etc.

Helena be careful of your back .... and Dave's of course .... getting those turfs laid. When you are done maybe you could come and sort ours out ... it would be greatly appreciated .
Lynn Hopefully Dillon's eye will continue to get better. I met a friend of mine in M&S on Thursday and one of her Pointers had 'stabbed' its eye while in undergrowth. He actually needed op to save his eye and amazingly the only Opthalmic Canine surgeon in the south was within two miles of where she lives .... on the south coast.
Bev I must go and read your thread ..... but the title gives me a clue Have a lovely weekend

I hope any dogs (or owners of course) who are poorly make a speedy recovery.

Enjoy your day and see you later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 08:21 AM

Just checking in to say hello.
Brian is still poorly and naturally I have got it now. I feel really rough.
Pepsi is well again now though and doesn't seem to be suffering from not having a walk.
I'll try and get back later.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2014, 08:52 AM
She is not doing so good. Wanted to go out for a pee and the regular Shabbat nuisance boys were outside whistling and woofing at her and she was too frightened to pee.
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2014, 09:20 AM
I am in alto of pain but thought I would start a new thread rather than post my problem here for the public to see.

Malka Fingers crossed pereg doesn't have anotehr seizure.
Helena Don't work to hard and hope you enjoy the day.
Lyn Hope Dylan eye improves and he deosn't need the vets.
Madmare have fun at the pub.
Jenny Hope you enjoy you walk with your friend and that the spider stops setting the alarm off.
NippyJenny hope you and Brian get better soon.

I am off for a bit to sit somewhere a bit more comfy.

Sally
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

Malka
, poor Pereg Makes you wish you could shoot the bugrs. They have no idea do they of what she and you have to go through. Do take care of both of you.

I have just read yesterday's thread from when I gave up and went to bed and I see so many of you support me in getting a motorised scooter. I think if I can find a home for my little car, she is a sweetheart but I only do about 700 miles a year, mainly going to my forum meets for lunch usually every couple of months. So I wouldn't miss her that much I tend to either walk with blue adair or drive to the local shops about half mile and back but a couple of yards and there is a bus stop so I could jump on the bus for a couple of stops to get there and back. I have my pass of course. My only problem is when Amber needs the vet and now I have her on this vet controlled diet I suppose I had better delay it until she has lost sufficient weight. I couldn't believe it she went up to 52kg and she is only 3 years old. True she has always been a big framed Labrador but now she is heavy! and I certainly don't want problems with her with her legs. Another good reason for going for a motorised scooter. I could afford to keep the car as well if I push it a bit. Depends how much I spend on the scooter. I always fancied a Quinto.

Nippy Jen,
we certainly have our problems don't we lass. My swollen ankle on one leg and swollen knee on the other is purely osteoarthritis it breaks out every so often with a vengeance. I cannot remember eating any amount of fruit or tomatoes that sometimes aggravates it.

Bev. I do hope your mum can manage without an op and hopefully will last much longer as a result.

Helena, you have one hell of a man there he does so much for you. I know you work hard too but you too remind me of my little sister and her husband he works hard as a scaffolder during the week but she has him doing all sorts of work at home. Needless to say they have a fantastic home in the country.

Lyn, hope you and Harvey are able to meet up that would be nice. Do hope Dillons eye clears up!

Sally, Lore et al, So many of us have problems. Do hope that things settle down soon, Have a lovely day all, God bless. Moyra
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Morning Jenny what a pain about the neighbours alarm.
Enjoy your walk with your friend.
Your friends poor dog luckily Dillon doesn't worry about foraging in undergrowth too much. I hope he is recovering well.
Morning Jenny Nippy sorry you both are unwell now but good Pepsi is better. I am sure she will be fine not having walks for a few days. Dillon managed 4 days when my hand was burnt. (((Hugs))) for you and Brian.
Morning Sally lovely to see you sorry you are in pain.
Morning Moyra I hope the teeth are settling down now and that you are feeling a bit better.
It would be lovely to meet Harvey. Fingers crossed.
Malka sorry you are having aggro form those boys. You need a water pistol.

Dillon's eye seems a lot better thank you he has had another Piriton to make sure he doesn't rub it. But to be honest he doesn't seem bothered by it and it isn't nearly as weepy today. We noticed some nettles and are now wondering if he stung right near or even his eye.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »