Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:01 PM

Peed Off...

Well I was so annoyed this morning after the early walk with the dogs I had to get it off my chest.

I had the dogs out at 6am (I take them out before I go to work then Kyle is on walking during the day) and went the route I always do past a large field for 1/2 hour running then a 15 min walk home as it times nicely and usually it is so early in the morning I dont meet many people.

Anyway I had just left the house when I was walking from the left onto a main pathway running straight up. There was a guy with his dog (collie type dog) the dog was off lead so instead of joining the path I waited till he had walked on (as Kip is not so keen on other dogs). Anyhow I started walking on and suddenly the dog came charging up to us, it was racing around Kip & Cassy in circles obviously wanting to play but not so good when one of your dogs is very aggressive toward other dogs. So the guy calls his dog about 4 or 5 times before it finnaly follows him (in the meantime it is just doing rings around us runnnig away and charging back up again). So I wait again thinking he may put the dog on the lead (NOT!). Anyway I start walking again and the dog does the same comes charging back down the path and starts circling my two. This time Kip is getting really tetchy and is lunging for the dog who is getting pretty close so I shout to him that one of my dogs is not so friendly (just as a warning) well he gives me a bit of cheek and just calls his dog again which once again does not listen and he carries on walking away while his dog is circling. Then he mutters something about the type of dogs I have and walks on again.

I was so annoyed. So his dog is friendly but I think the dogs and owners behaviour is completley unacceptable. I mean would any of you let your dog carry on like that in public not even bothering to apologise or put the dog on lead. This goes back to the whole leash issue. One of my dogs is aggressive so I do the courtesey of keeping her on lead, the other I just leash because again out of courtesey. This really pees me off, he had the lead in hand and even after the same thing of calling the dogs 4 or 5 times happening three or four times he didnt even bother to leash the dog and had the cheek to make me look like the bad one....

Grr I am so annoyed when I think back As far as I am concerned I have done nothing wrong to warrant the cheek I had. So one of my dogs is aggressive and he had a problem with that but at the end of the day I was the one in the right....Sorry rant over lol.
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Sorry I actually let my dog off yesterday to have a run and she is usually very friendly with other dogs but there was a man on the field with a pup about a couple of months old and Roxy went running up to it before I had the chance to call her back so I went running over to get her and the man looked pretty peed off that I didnt get her on the lead fast enough, so Ive learned my lesson, but I do agree that the man you dealt with should have put his dog on the lead sooner!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:11 PM
i would be angry aswell laura. i always get hold of max as if i didnt he would run at dogs and although he just wants to play i dont know if the other dog want 5 stone of lump thrown at it as max has no decorum. altho today when we were out over the feilds a huge and i mean huge (i didnt know they got that big) doberman came charging from nowhere and just pinned max on the floor i nearly had a heart attack and max couldnt submit quick enough! the owner came racing round the corner and said oh he just likes to play and the dog turned out to be friendly just a bit over zealous but i nearly died and i just dont think people should take the risk of letting their dogs run at other dogs as you just dont know
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm not surprised your annoyed I would have been to. He could have just said nothing and put his dog back on-leash
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:19 PM
that man shud have put his dog back on lead sooner.

altho i dont put indie back on lead unless someone asks me too. If i see indie hassling a dog on lead tho and i can see its causing stress to the owner i call her back and if she doesnt come i go and put her on lead and pull her away. but i do usually wait for someone to tell me to put her on lead
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I walk my dogs at times and places, where thankfully I very rarely if ever bump into people, I have lost count of the occasions over the years where incidents like you describe Laura have occured.I have absolutely no patience anymore with the braindead dog owner.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Grrrr don't some people make you mad
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:21 PM
i just dont take any risks as there seems to be a high number of dog agressive dogs around and i dont want max to get hurt so i dont let him approach a dog until the owner says the dog is ok. max is fortunate that he has his sisters to play with everyday
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by katyb
i just dont take any risks as there seems to be a high number of dog agressive dogs around and i dont want max to get hurt so i dont let him approach a dog until the owner says the dog is ok. max is fortunate that he has his sisters to play with everyday
My point is similar to Katy's why take the risk. I appreciate that some dogs are great off lead, which is excellent my Cassy is like this but I just see it as plain courtesey I mean what difference does it make to put your dog on lead while passing and if the other persons dog is okay then fine let him off again and if not no trouble caused. Why dont people do that rather than leave it to chance? Also what peed me off was the fact that had my dogs did anything (i.e. grabbed his) I would have been the bad one especially because of the breed my dogs are.

Laura
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

21-03-2005, 01:53 PM
I have to keep my dogs on lead at the moment ( trying to train them not to chase and round up every living moving object) - I actually get hassle from people because I have them on lead - when I explain I'm training they don't understand - yet they would be the first to complain if my dogs did anything wrong.

I also have a problem with people who let their dogs come running up - they either don't understand or don't care - either way it can be really stressful.
And can ruin any training that I've done.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >