Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MBll
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2006, 03:58 PM

Unusual Cross Breed?

I was talking to a lassie today about her dogs & it turns out that 1 of them is a staffy cross dingo (australian dingo) brindle colour that staffys are. I forgot to ask if the dog was brought over as its an unusual breed for this country?

I was wondering if anyone else has this breed/cross breed?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 04:17 PM
No Dingo's here!
Dawn.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 05:31 PM
The unusual crosses I have met tend to be "guesstimates" at parentage which are in all reality most improbable ... there is a girl near here who believes her dog is a Basenji mixed with Bracco Italiano .... I think is a Lab mix LOL - her vet and her looked through a dog book to decide ....

It amazes me how often mixed breeds are wrongly guessed at by vets and the owners then take it as gospel ...
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 06:34 AM
When you consider how often people get pure breeds wrong one has to take peoples idea of what their crosses are with a very big pinch of salt, and what does it matter anyway.

If you wish or need to know what the adult dog will look and behaviour like you buy a pup of a known established breed from a good breeder who is established in the breed.

An adult from rescue will let you know how it looks and size but not temperament.

Buy a crossbreed or mongrel pup and you will know nothing regardless of what the breeder tells you.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 07:20 AM
I agree with Pita with that one, so many people seem to just guess what crossbreeds are.

So many times I've heard people call any Black & Tan mongrel a Rottweiler or Doberman cross just because it has similar colouration LOL

It certainly is an interesting combo!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-08-2006, 07:43 AM
I would be surpised if there is any Dingo in the mix, even if it is an imported dog. Not saying it is impossible, but licences are needed to keep Dingos and Parks & Wildlife keep a close eye on those that do have licences.

A Dingo or Dingo cross is not for the faint-hearted or the inexperienced as pure Dingos are wild animals. They can make rewarding companions, but their 'wild side' is very very close to the surface and they may be somewhat unpredictable.