register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What do you call your evening meal?
Dinner 43 48.31%
Tea 44 49.44%
Other 2 2.25%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 >
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
So Foxy-do you have a Mancunian accent??? (serious question for once!)
ewwww, Dirty Manc Accent, like...coz I well needs a fiver fo me brovvor coz eees 'ad 'ees 'ouse robbed, innit, n we was gonno go round n see r'kid n take 'im sum bockles ov wife beator to sort 'is 'ead out, y'know.
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
No I don't think I do - I don't live in Manchester - the cheeky devils call us woolly backs up here I don't know what accent I have - probably an Oldham one worse luck
In Saddleworth (it makes me laugh it does) they all try to mask an accent. You probably don't talk like a propper Yonner... LOL

I've an East lancs accent, being from Rammy... mix that in with having lived here for years...and I talk like I've been racing the greyhounds on't track... LOL

covers easily though, elecution lessons at drama training as a child, so I can be accentless, just chose not to be, cause it's like a badge of pride.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 07:37 PM
No I don't think I do - I don't live in Manchester - the cheeky devils call us woolly backs up here I don't know what accent I have - probably an Oldham one worse luck
Cheers Foxy-i just spat over my screen reading Woolly backs!

Why on earth do they call you that???
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Honesty
ewwww, Dirty Manc Accent, like...coz I well needs a fiver fo me brovvor coz eees 'ad 'ees 'ouse robbed, innit, n we was gonno go round n see r'kid n take 'im sum bockles ov wife beator to sort 'is 'ead out, y'know.
lol-i thought you had been typing with your tongue with words like that Honesty!
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Woolly back, a term used for miners and dockers in days gone by, as carrying stuff in great big sacks hurts cause coal digs in the skin, don't you know, and well, dockers carrying..well, what ever they carry.. It became commonplace to see these workers with a sheepskin on, to protect their backs from stuff digging in whilst they performed menial labour..etc..

woolly backs...
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Cheers Foxy-i just spat over my screen reading Woolly backs!

Why on earth do they call you that???

I hope you have cleaned the screen

They call us that cos they think that people who live in the Hills are piggin sheep thats why - hence the woolly backs Cheeky blighters they are
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Honesty
In Saddleworth (it makes me laugh it does) they all try to mask an accent. You probably don't talk like a propper Yonner... LOL

I've an East lancs accent, being from Rammy... mix that in with having lived here for years...and I talk like I've been racing the greyhounds on't track... LOL

covers easily though, elecution lessons at drama training as a child, so I can be accentless, just chose not to be, cause it's like a badge of pride.

I live in Saddleworth but I haven't got a posh accent - far from it I have lived here 43 years now nearly
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 07:46 PM
I live in Saddleworth but I haven't got a posh accent - far from it I have lived here 43 years now nearly
i dont have a accent at all
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2006, 07:48 PM
lol-i thought you had been typing with your tongue with words like that Honesty!
That's how Mancs talk, awful isn't it??

Makes me laugh when you say "where'd youhen?" and they say "New'on 'eeeF, la"

that means "Newton Heath" Not a great place... or "anco(ut)'s" that's Ancoats..
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 07:51 PM
i love the manc accent i think it well cool
Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 >