Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2012, 12:43 PM
O man...
Stark pictures ,what kind of dog tries to kill a pup..
How old was Koda ??
Did the owner encourge the attack??
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 12:47 PM
It was another GSD, albeit a fully grown adult. Koda was 6 months old at the time. The owner didn't enocourage the attack at all but did nothing to stop it.

He called the dog but only called out "Here Boy". Now surely, if yo're going to call your dog, you use their name, no? This made me think the dog had done it before (before I found out he had done so).
Also, there was no urgency in his voice. He was completely nonchalant about the whole thing and afterwards he just walked off. He didn't apologise or offer any help.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2012, 12:47 PM
I feel so angry for you too. It was horiifying to read this when it happened and even worse seeing these pictures. It is one oft he worse nightmares, this happening on a walk. On a dog loving forum I couldn't possibly write what lengths I would probably go to to try so save my boy if this happened. Owners who know their dogs are capable of an attack like this and still off lead walk are discusting, I would feel so bitter.

I hope Kodas wounds continue to make good progress and he gets over the trauma bless him.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Oh wow, poor Koda This is the sort of damage I always dreaded Rupert doing and it's why he was muzzled in public. Then I dreaded him being attacked and defenceless. I'm glad Koda is well on the way to recovery.

I remember my neighbours Yorkie being used as a tug toy by two mastiffs. She survived but she had over 400 stitches/staples and looked like something out of a horror movie for months.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 12:54 PM
The vets told me that had Koda been a smaller breed, he woulnd't have survived. Apparently smaller breeds sustain damage differently to the larger breed dogs. Something to do with the way that muscles etc are damaged.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Oh my goodness, those injuries look terrible, poor Koda. What a nasty piece of work this man is! HE should be paying for Koda's treatment. I hope Koda recovers really quickly.
x
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
It was another GSD, albeit a fully grown adult. Koda was 6 months old at the time. The owner didn't enocourage the attack at all but did nothing to stop it.

He called the dog but only called out "Here Boy". Now surely, if yo're going to call your dog, you use their name, no? This made me think the dog had done it before (before I found out he had done so).
Also, there was no urgency in his voice. He was completely nonchalant about the whole thing and afterwards he just walked off. He didn't apologise or offer any help.
ooo this sound just like the bloke who let his jack russels attack Millie earlier in the year we walked out of his way as we could see their were too boistress and he carried on walking in our directions and let his dogs attack Millie and then walked off without ever calling them back or certainly wasnt bothered his dogs were my puppy! As we got her out of their reach the so and so had a go at us telling us we shouldnt have picked her up what a moron! -.-
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Such horrendous pictures, poor little lad Glad he's recovering now, but appalled at the owner for not even trying to help or apologising. Disgusting.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Poor poor Koda.
What happened and his reaction is disgusting and totally avoidable.
I hope Koda has no long lasting effects once he has physically healed.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 02:11 PM
I feel sick looking at those pictures of your poor Koda. I don't know how people live with themselves knowing their dog is inflicting those sort of injuries on other dogs..........
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »