Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 10:39 AM

Inca AWOL

Sorry not been on much but we have been busy here
4 weeks ago a friend of a brother in law came to dig out the front garden to put in a drive way it was a total disaster I can't even post a pic of it it was so bad.....holes every where and cracked concrete...........

we have been trying to get the garden in decent condition to get someone in ....well the builder has arrived this morning with his mini digger and lorry and is cracking on really fast ..we have decided to go with block paving A LOT MORE MONEY than planned ...........
lesson leant about doing things on the cheap and trusting your family LOL

will be lurking from time to time and i will post a pic when finished
love Inca x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 10:47 AM

this is this morning ........i have deleted all the before pics it was that bad......
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 10:49 AM

the front of the house is the last thing to be done ......lots of work to do out there LOL
fencing ...painting i will be busy
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Inca that's really bad - sorry that you are now going to be out of pocket!

At least you will have a professional look at the end of it - can't wait to see the photos of it, it'll look great.

I wish I could post after photos of our garden but Fern has destroyed the grass with his pee and the workmen still haven't cleared the rubble and dirt away - 3 weeks ago, they are no longer returning our calls

Is it cobblestones you are putting down? Sorry I'm not sure what block paving is
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

27-09-2005, 11:13 AM
We miss you Inca!

Hope the garden is sorted soon, know how you feel about builders!

Have you thought about slabs you buy in b n q? Your OH might be able to lay them? I think you can get some good DIY books these days thay show you step by step?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 11:19 AM
we did think about slabs and ready mixed stuff..but it worked out quite a lot as well ..sad to say my hubby is a pen pusher not a digger LOL......watches all the D I Y programmes but and has all the books but has no idea LOL LOL

glad to see i have been missed ..thanks
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by maplecottage

Is it cobblestones you are putting down? Sorry I'm not sure what block paving is
yes sort of.......we have gone for the greyish looking stone as we are south facing and the red can fade.....
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 11:43 AM
inca hope you ain,t gone too long
and you think your front garden looks bad,you really don,t want to see mine at the moment
we are also digging it out to make a drive to the side and then build a garage,but the cold weather stopped work and it now looks a weed garden
we have a wall to knock down,drain to lower,think we are gonna get someone in to sort it out too
hubby is so busy with other stuff around the house right now
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Aww... Inca, nothing worse than your house upside down and builders in. We just had the bathroom done and that was bad enough. Can really sympathise with you. xx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2005, 12:21 PM
the last man dug up the garden left mounds of crap and put in 2 concrete strips ..when we parked the car up on it it all crumbled like sand.......we didn't pay him as it was a favour but the stuff and skip cost us £200 ...which was wasted ...this guy arrived at 8am has dug out and taken away 13 ton !!!!!!!!! the scalping is down he is just whacking it in now.. he has also removed the concrete under the window and out side the door.....the brick i have chosen is the dearer one but i think its worth the extra for a better look
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >