Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 01:27 PM

Worming and farming

I was ordering some wormers today from an internet canine chemist and was surprised (and interested) to read that it said if you live in a farming area, dogs could be wormed as regularly as every 2 weeks! That sounds rather alot to me, although I have started to worm mine every 3 months (rather than every 6 as I used to) since moving up to the farm.

Does anyone else living on a farm or in a farming area worm their dogs more regularly than every 3 months?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 04:30 PM
I have wormed Georgie every month in the past because it was part of his flea treatment, and I remember when I did that 3=day Panacur treatment for that giardia worm last July, the vet told me I could do it again if it was longer than 2 weeks, so I suppose if you felt that you should, then you could after a minimum of 2 weeks, but for how long????!!! I wouldn't like to subject my dog's guts to that kind of treatment would you? Maybe when they say that Kirsty, they are meaning a one off kind of thing like I did with that Panacur? Was it Panacur by the way, coz that could be the reason, to treat giardia?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 06:36 AM
As far as I can tell, they are only recommending it. I guess in farming areas your dog is more like to pick up worms from other animals, eat carrion or sheep/cow muck etc.

I wouldn't be happy worming my dogs as regularly as every two weeks, so will stick to the every 3 month regime.