Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 01:33 PM
LOvely, looks great
I did a little hacking when I was a kid - but nothing formal - just a group of us on holiday

Then a couple of years ago a friend wanted for her hen night some horse riding

I found this amazing place that let us do a 1/2 day hack which included a run on the beach and then a swim in the loch. - If you take the full day you swim the horses over the loch to the pub, have lunch while the horses are dried off and then you canter back along the beach

I had a great day, only problem was they were v horsey people and had no idea that people may not really know what to do
Because I am tall and a bit big I got a GIANT young horse - seriously his stirrup was about head hight and he was a bit like riding a great dane puppy.
They had us go over this huge ditch that was about 5 feet down - but before I had time to get scared my horse just did it!! My friend got stuck so someone had to lead her horse

Then my friend didnt want to go into the water the first time so I said I would stay with her - only thing is my horse wanted to go into the water so I ended up spinning on the beach as I tried to ask him to stay

Then when we went into the water he wanted to follow his girlfriend, but she churned the water up a bit so we couldnt see the bottom and he tripped over a rock and grazed his knee (I only stayed on because I was too scared to fall off) Then back on the beach he forgot himself and decided he wanted to roll over - thankfully I guessed what he was doing and one of the ladies yelled at him and I kicked him on so he didnt roll

Quite an adventure for a new rider!! It was fun but scary
I would love to take some lessons and then go back and do it properly
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Blimey BenMc! I bet that was a bit "thrilling"! Glad you enjoyed it, and it didn't put you off.
You should take a few lessons and see how you get on. We love it!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 07:13 AM
brill pics!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 07:28 AM
LOL Ben McFuzzylugs, that made me giggle!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 08:55 AM
yup I think a few lessons would be an idea before I try anything like that again
I must have looked like a sack of spuds when he went into a trot because I couldnt figure out any rythm with his trot
Wish I had had some fotos of him

Look forward to seeing more of yours
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2