View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Troy Seaton
New Member!
Male 

27-09-2006, 01:03 AM

Working videos....My AB "Gigi" training for Sch...

I'm new to the board and found it when I did a google search on myself...LOL

It seems someone posted a video of my Capone(R.I.P) training lastyear and it caused a large debate....some bad...some good.....Poney was an incredible dog for me and loved EVERYONE he ever met.....

Here's my girl Gigi who is OFA Good,GDT,ID3,WABA-BST & Sch-BH......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79f-Ph4HvHs
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-09-2006, 02:47 AM
Hi Troy - I just watched the first video and Gigi did exceptionally well - I wish I could get Rocky trained to be that obedient!

I can't recall the other vid, but how's it feel to be famous then?!
Troy Seaton
New Member!
Male 

27-09-2006, 03:03 AM
Thanks AZZ....Gigi's a very fun dog that really loves to work and I'm gonna start trialing her in Sch next spring.......

Here's the thread about Capone....just blows my mind over some of the comments...keeping in mind they have never met me or my dog....but that's the internet...LOL

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...ghlight=capone
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-09-2006, 03:43 AM
I guess people just look at what goes on around and see that undeseriables get into the sport for the wrong reasons

I have no problems with PP training when done properly (from the dogs point of view). I even considered it for my own dog at one stage.

We've made some changes to this section too, now the activty sections are for those only positively interested in the activty - anyone wishing to 'debate' the topic can do so in the discussions/debate section. That way everyone has a place to have their say.... I've moved the other thread to the discussions section now just in case.

With regards to the video that the debate was about, I think most people objected that the dog was trained to attack (too soon), rather than 'defend'... unless I'm thinking of a different video/debate.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Wow that first vid was amazing. I haven't got the time at the mo to watch the others but I will do as soon as I can. Gigi looked like she was really enjoying herself
lillysaff
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Ive just looked at the old thread and the vids posted by Troy today. I suppose everyone is entitled to have their own views regarding PP work but personally, if the dog is trained properly and is happy whats the problem? I prefer Working trials to schutzhund and have done some PP work with my lab (who is a family pet). She loves it! Well done Troy - your dogs looked great!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Just watched the other vids. Your dogs are fantastic. They are so well controlled
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 01:12 PM
What happened to Capone Troy?
Dawn.
Troy Seaton
New Member!
Male 

27-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Just about when Capone turned 4 he started having massive seisures that we finally got under control with 2 different meds.......Shortly after that he was having more nerulogical issues(losing balance,not knowing where is back feet where,big problems going up stairs & falling down them).........he then started to fall back in his waste and that was enough for me.....I didn't want to watch my boy like that anymore and didn't think it was fair to him so in Feb I put him to rest.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >