Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 04:49 PM

Show Stands TJ

Hey,
Well after all that ive said about showing, im having second thoughts, took some standing pics of TJ, and am quietly impressed, what do you guys think!?
Would appreciate any comments!

Please ignore my awful attempts at showing TJ to his best, and my odd socks LOL!

Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 04:54 PM
He looks good Gems and he is only young so you can keep practising on his stand.
Im sure someone that shows will beable to tell you more.
Btw nice socks
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 05:03 PM
LOL i dont own a matching pair
Thanks, Hope some show people come along soon
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi Gems.
I cant see much wrong with him construction wise, looks a nice pup! When you stand him his front legs need to be directly in front of him and straight to the ground, if you look how you have him he is a bit like a rocking horse, and this is also making him roach his back. His hind legs also need to be in a better position, his hocks should form a straight line to the ground. I will have a mooch for some pics to try and help you a bit more, he does look worth it though.
Dawn.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 05:36 PM
well if i was in to showing and owned him, i would, cus like i said before one of the best collies i have ever seen!

Gems love the socks and the skirt!!!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Hi Gems.
I cant see much wrong with him construction wise, looks a nice pup! When you stand him his front legs need to be directly in front of him and straight to the ground, if you look how you have him he is a bit like a rocking horse, and this is also making him roach his back. His hind legs also need to be in a better position, his hocks should form a straight line to the ground. I will have a mooch for some pics to try and help you a bit more, he does look worth it though.
Dawn.
Thanks Dawn, thats really helpful, i just dont have a clue LOL
I reckon if i could get him standing right, he could stand a chance
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
well if i was in to showing and owned him, i would, cus like i said before one of the best collies i have ever seen!

Gems love the socks and the skirt!!!
Aww thanks hayley!
Lol my socks identify me, im the odd sock woman
I love the skirt too, my fave
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 05:49 PM
You should take him to a local ringcraft Gems, they will be able to teach you how to teach the dog, he will also need to be "gone over" by a judge.
Dawn.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 05:51 PM
That would be a good start wouldnt it, at the moment if anyone comes up to his he wriggles all over the place, but he will learn - i hope!

thanks again for the help!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 07:00 PM
I've not watched B.collies shown much but from what I can remember they are free stood like my elks.Use the bait as you are but stand in front of him.Don't expect him to stand perfectly still to start with but as soon as he is stood square(one foot in each corner) reward him.It looks like hes got the idea from the photos.As said before his front legs should be perpendicular to the floor...as should lower back legs.
If you can try doing it in front of a large mirror...you can then see how hes doing!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >