View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Sneaks is ALWAYS whining for more food at the moment. He's on a bit of a diet and seems to be hungry all the time so I try what I can to make his meals last as long as possible. If it's mince, I smear it all over the inside of his bowl to make a thin layer which is more effort to eat and annoys him no end! If he's absolutely starving still in the evenings (this tends to be when he starts crying for food) I often distract him then give him a raw carrot to munch on.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Clo, if yours are hungry, they'll eat veg. If they refuse, they aren't that hungry

Cain is a scrounger regardless he know he only gets two meals a day, doesn't pester for more and settles down after a meal. However if there's human food floating around, he'll scrounge but I don't think he's hungry, he's just greedy! He was exactly the same when fed on kibble.

I do agree that dogs seem more satisfied after a good chunky meal to chew rather than mince, must be hard with such small dogs. When I give Cain a cow foot he chews for a couple of hours then sleeps for the rest if the night even though there's not that much meat actually on it.

I fed a raw carrot with breakfast and other stuff (apple, banana, celery, tomato etc) with dinner. I don't blend it as I'm not feeding it for nutrients, just as a belly filler. Seems to help.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Simba always scrounges for food, if the utility room is open he will sit in there and stare at the freezer lol. Flint however is a bit odd and won't eat sometimes even if he's eaten it previously and enjoyed it :s
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Jake can sometimes be a bit of a scrounge... but I think he is just being a dog He can't be that hungry because he nearly always has a few chews lying around so would eat them if he was actually hungry. I think he just likes to chance his luck when he knows there is food about

He is doing great on what he is getting just now, his weight is fantastic and he looks brilliant so I'm not in the slightest worried about the amount he is getting
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
Me and nana talking about raw again. (she prefers to feed "dog" food, preferably dry with a bit of wet mixed in)

She says the dogs do not get full up enough, and about an hot after eating they are looking for food...

My argument is they don't need any more food, they aren't losing weight and they aren't gaining any so in my eyes that's right.

Do any of you find your dogs looking for more food? Do you feed them more? I thought about altering it a bit, but then I don't want them putting weight on. Between my two and the pap of nana's they are getting through 2 lb of mince a day when they have two mince meals.

Just wanting your thoughts really as I'm bit unsure what to do. It doesn't bother me, I quite happily feed them what Yey need and that's that, but nana has made me think whether I'd eat something and what i would be like if I couldnt eat if I was hungry?
Luna is more full on the raw, as she gets more raw, than she would on kibble.

I can easier get her down in weight on raw, than on kibble.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3