Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
awheel
New Member!
Male 

15-04-2008, 12:14 PM

dog business

I'm currently thinking of starting a dog walking business. I would like peoples ideas on it (I have looked into it). Apart from the walking of dog what else would you like from the service. I'm thinking of helping with training the dog as part of the service. Is there any ideas that people have on things I could provide as part of the service which would make it easier for you as an owner.

I am a dog owner myself and is why i'm looking at doing this because of my passion for dogs. I am looking at doing this to help create a reputation in my area but would look at other areas (Behaviourist etc) once I have got a good name in the area.

Any ideas, views etc would be very much appreciated
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 01:16 PM
personally i wouldnt use adog walker,,,, probably becuase i dont trust anyone with my dogs (no offence!!)

training - yes if your qualified/experience??

mabey once you have a lot of cusomers - look into going into training classes if you have the qualifications etc...

what about dog boarding/home sitting as well??
standardnuttydo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi I am a dog walker/home boarding.
It is the best job you can do if like me you love dogs.
I am so surprised at how well my business took off, I have to turn dogs away now, I have never advertised only got my clients by word of mouth. If you offer a good service and be reliable you will not look back
Good luck
Anne
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by standardnuttydo View Post
Hi I am a dog walker/home boarding.
It is the best job you can do if like me you love dogs.
I am so surprised at how well my business took off, I have to turn dogs away now, I have never advertised only got my clients by word of mouth. If you offer a good service and be reliable you will not look back
Good luck
Anne
I agree Anne as Ive never had to advertise I look after boxer's for client's that have had one of our dog's before or 2 and mainly summer when there on holiday,
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Dog walkers and home boarders do very well around here... I know a lady with about 6 of her own dogs, and then she walks other people's dogs and boards other people's dogs in her house! A little end terrace!!! Madness!
She absolutely loves it - she loves the stress that comes with it (because it can be) and the amount of time she spends out with them.

I'd say offer to help with lead training and recall as part of your walks but not an actual service - remember insurance!!!