Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 07:45 PM

Should I be worried?

I met a bloke tonight, I've seen him before walking his rather portly working cocker, and he asked loads of questions about the dogs, knew they were minis, hadn't seen one that colour before, how much did they go for, did I show, did I breed etc. I was rather non commital with my replies but now I'm a tad worried about what his intentions may be.
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Difficult to comment without having seen him and how he asked the questions, but first reaction on what you describe is that I doubt there's anything to be worried about.

If you'd never seen him around and he had no dog of his own, then I would be wondering.

Lots of people ask questions when they see 'unusual' dogs, sometimes out of genuine interest, sometimes out of nosiness.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:01 PM
He did seem to completely ignore the fact that his dog was petrified of my lot! They weren't near him they were too busy playing ball but his dog wasn't happy!
Becky
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:21 PM
im with hali
some people just say things with out putting , to much thought into what they are saying , then you if you are othe receiveing end ,you can read to much into it .i dont think you have need to worry
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I met a bloke tonight, I've seen him before walking his rather portly working cocker, and he asked loads of questions about the dogs, knew they were minis, hadn't seen one that colour before, how much did they go for, did I show, did I breed etc. I was rather non commital with my replies but now I'm a tad worried about what his intentions may be.
Becky
As Hali said without seeing him its hard to say,, no one ever stops me and asks me about my lot wonder why
he poss just wanted a wee chat to a fellow dog walker,, what did your gut tell you? what do you think he was all about,, sometimes a gut feeling is bang on,
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm suspicious of everyone where my dogs are concerned lol!
Becky
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm suspicious of everyone where my dogs are concerned lol!
Becky
Why? in what way suspicious? Do you think he was looking to gain info for something like stealing them, just wonder what do you feel deep down he was up to, or what he was trying to do?
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Ive asked people about there dogs before,But theres few other people id like to ask about there dogs but wont as i dont know how they will take it as i dont have a dog at the moment id feel a bit stupid,I would have asked him what he does with his dog and why it was scared, to see what he had to say about that.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Why? in what way suspicious? Do you think he was looking to gain info for something like stealing them, just wonder what do you feel deep down he was up to, or what he was trying to do?
Yes my gut instinct was that he was trying to gain info but on the other hand he didn't seem the type.
Becky
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes my gut instinct was that he was trying to gain info but on the other hand he didn't seem the type.
Becky
Do you feel threatend by men in any way? would you poss have been more relaxed had it been a female? the other way to look at it is he saw your dogs, liked them and asked questions, hence it was a compliment
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >