Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Nope. No shooting Dawn...where I live and the slightest whiff of a gunshot brings the police helicopter and police out in full force.........
LOL! I think they would here too. Many rifles are not that loud really, only shot guns and really high powered ones.

Bottom line, I personally cant understand why nothing has been done if :

A. You say it happens so often.
B. No dog or equipment has been recovered.
C. No arrests have been made under the act.
D. The Police have not acted on the information you say has been passed to them.

I guess its one of those things that will run on, perhaps never truly finding out.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
LOL! I think they would here too. Many rifles are not that loud really, only shot guns and really high powered ones.

Bottom line, I personally cant understand why nothing has been done if :

A. You say it happens so often.
B. No dog or equipment has been recovered.
C. No arrests have been made under the act.
D. The Police have not acted on the information you say has been passed to them.

I guess its one of those things that will run on, perhaps never truly finding out.
I dunno......
I couldn't tell you if any equipment has been recovered as to be honest I don't think that info would be broadcast, I think they police will be working quietly on it.
I am guessing it isn't a priority...fox hunting in suburbia....I think they have more to do and not enough money to do it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I dunno......
I couldn't tell you if any equipment has been recovered as to be honest I don't think that info would be broadcast, I think they police will be working quietly on it.
I am guessing it isn't a priority...fox hunting in suburbia....I think they have more to do and not enough money to do it.
Yes thats true enough, to be honest I agree, there are far more important issues in society at present.
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Oh Ramble, my heart goes out to the wee foxes...

A life is a life, afterall.

I detest the way people try to jusify their slaughter, pet cats kill wildlife, feral cats scavenge, do we see the public/media turn on then to make hunting and killing cats okay? I think not....

IMO it is the responsibility for rabbit/chicken owners to make their housing as secure as possible. I know many people who do indeed have fox proof housing, but its expensive.

And to me animal welfare is a high priority, and should not fall to the wayside just because of this financial climate.

Humans need to be controlled, not the poor wee starving foxes...We build on their woodlands/habitat, so we cannot complain
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by AnimalFactor View Post
Oh Ramble, my heart goes out to the wee foxes...

A life is a life, afterall.

I detest the way people try to jusify their slaughter, pet cats kill wild life, do we see the public/media turn on then to make hunting and killing cats okay? I think not....

IMO it is the responsibility for rabbit/chicken owners to make their housing as secure as possible. I know many people who do indeed have fox proof housing, but its expensive.

And to me animal welfare is a high priority, and should not fall to the wayside just because of this financial climate.

Humans need to be controlled, not the poor wee starving foxes...We build on their woodlands/habitat, so we cannot complain
My Cats dont, they are confined to my property, if people want to do that its easy enough.

Im sure Rabbit/chicken housing IS secure, but a determined Fox is no easy thing to keep away.
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-12-2010, 09:09 AM
My Cats dont, they are confined to my property, if people want to do that its easy enough.

Im sure Rabbit/chicken housing IS secure, but a determined Fox is no easy thing to keep away.
My cats are house cats, also!

I agree its not easy, it does require concrete base etc. but it is possible. And if people want to keep chickens/rabbits in an area that they know foxes roam, that is what they should do.

I have foxes where I live, even see them through the day in this bad weather. Several of my neighbours keep outdoor rabbits, and never harmed by the foxes, because they have paid for proper secure housing for them!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 09:12 AM
My cats are house cats, also!

I agree its not easy, it does require concrete base etc. but it is possible. And if people want to keep chickens/rabbits in an area that they know foxes roam, that is what they should do.

I have foxes where I live, even see them through the day in this bad weather. Several of my neighbours keep outdoor rabbits, and never harmed by the foxes, because they have paid for proper secure housing for them!
My Cats do go out, I have erected inverted fencing so they cannot get out, not that they try.

The problem is Foxes roam everywhere, if they were just where they should be, in the countryside, we wouldnt have the issue with them massacring peoples pets. Urban Foxes live in towns, thats where the issues lie.
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-12-2010, 09:18 AM
My Cats do go out, I have erected inverted fencing so they cannot get out, not that they try.

The problem is Foxes roam everywhere, if they were just where they should be, in the countryside, we wouldnt have the issue with them massacring peoples pets. Urban Foxes live in towns, thats where the issues lie.
We keep pushing the foxes out of the countryside by building houses/shops/retail parks etc on more and more countryside. The poor things have no choice, really...So, its our fault, so we should just learn to co-exist. Leaving food out for the foxes is a way of keeping their interest away from your pets, its controversial, I know. Could be seen to be encouraging them, but once a fox is in an area it stays, so may as well make it work as best we can.
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-12-2010, 09:25 AM
ps. Tigers in other parts of the world were seen as pests, something to be feared or simple sport. And look what has happened to them

Pity the human race never learns its lesson... Foxes are in no danger of being extinct atm, but with all this anti-fox BS, it could happen.....Don't ya just hate a Tory led media set up against wee foxes....The general public are easily whipped up and manipulated
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 09:28 AM
We keep pushing the foxes out of the countryside by building houses/shops/retail parks etc on more and more countryside. The poor things have no choice, really...So, its our fault, so we should just learn to co-exist. Leaving food out for the foxes is a way of keeping their interest away from your pets, its controversial, I know. Could be seen to be encouraging them, but once a fox is in an area it stays, so may as well make it work as best we can.
Thats not the case here at all. Foxes are opportunistic feeders, they scavenge. They "chose" to live in towns they were not forced. Easy pickings, that unfortunately includes peoples pets.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >