register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Should I let the dogs sleep upstairs?!!!
Of course... 33 76.74%
Are you mad....with Cosmo's muddy habits??? 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Pat, I remember ages ago you teaching me how to train Woody not to go in the bathroom - bless. Didn't work.

Saying that, we have recently mastered ''go away'' so now when he's somewhere we don't want him to be we say it and off he trots.

Wamble, why don't you try it for abit and see how it goes. I think it's nice and they will love it I bet but as you say young missy may take the pissy. Still good opportunity for some alternative training ;o)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Ta Labradork...they haven't slept upstairs since I was pregnant..so 10 years (obviously our old dogs not the current 2)...but my son is keen for them to come up now....and I don't know...I sort of like them up there. It will mean hoovering more though...hmmm
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Pat, I remember ages ago you teaching me how to train Woody not to go in the bathroom - bless. Didn't work.

Saying that, we have recently mastered ''go away'' so now when he's somewhere we don't want him to be we say it and off he trots.

Wamble, why don't you try it for abit and see how it goes. I think it's nice and they will love it I bet but as you say young missy may take the pissy. Still good opportunity for some alternative training ;o)
When she adopts the upside down stance...it is very hard to move her.... I just love it when she is like that as it means she's chilled
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Operator error
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
When she adopts the upside down stance...it is very hard to move her.... I just love it when she is like that as it means she's chilled
Awww, see this is why I love dogs upstairs/on beds, they love it!!

Picture please ;o)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Operator error
Haha, yeah, probably. Now he comes in and licks the bubbles in the bath!! Also, when he wants a bath, he just jumps in with me. Very annoying but always amusing ;o)
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Sounds to me as if you will let them up anyway but personally I wouldn't and never have, I like my bed nice and fresh smelling. The upstairs in our house is out of bounds to dogs and cats. The less housework I have to do the more time we have to have fun. If my dogs are unwell or recovering from an operation etc. I sleep downstairs with them.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Sounds to me as if you will let them up anyway but personally I wouldn't and never have, I like my bed nice and fresh smelling. The upstairs in our house is out of bounds to dogs and cats. The less housework I have to do the more time we have to have fun. If my dogs are unwell or recovering from an operation etc. I sleep downstairs with them.
I think I like the novelty as it has been so long...now whether I will like the reality of it I am not sure. I also like nice fresh beds etc...and there is enough dog hair up there without the dogs up there (if you see what I mean).

I am also concerned that they are soooooo bonded with us...if they sleep upstairs as well....well...that could make it worse for them if we ever dare to have a holiday abroad (if you see what I mean...)

decisions decisions....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:48 PM
I live in a bungalow but when we lived in a house our other dogs were always upstairs.

Go on, let 'em
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I think I like the novelty as it has been so long...now whether I will like the reality of it I am not sure. I also like nice fresh beds etc...and there is enough dog hair up there without the dogs up there (if you see what I mean).

I am also concerned that they are soooooo bonded with us...if they sleep upstairs as well....well...that could make it worse for them if we ever dare to have a holiday abroad (if you see what I mean...)

decisions decisions....
Try sleeping in the dogs bed for a week that should convince you it's a mad idea, Dobermanns aren't very doggy smelling but I still couldn't last long. If they're unwell we sleep on the big leather bean bag together cos there's no smell then
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »