Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:16 PM

fed up (work experience..)

I hate college sometimes we have to do 200 hours of work experience this year... it's got to be sorted out by this week, they told us that last week and there is nowhere where i can do it. dogs trust is too far, vets is booked up, p@h doesn't do it... we can either do two weeks and fridays up until like.. march or something, or just fridays until june. the last one of which would be on my birthday
.. does anyone know anyone in kent who needs some dogs walked or something
Tan's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:36 PM
where in kent?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 03:46 PM
try your local vets or soemthing?

i did mine at a riding school because i luffed being around horses - i now work in catering and doing a bussiness degree haha!!

good luck!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 04:55 PM
The problem with any work experience to do with animals, is it is very popular.

I know when Charlie wanted to do his he rang the Rspca who said they get booked up 2 years in advance , all the places likes vets, kennels were like that too.

He ended up working in my office, which only went to show him he doesn't want to ever work in a office lol.

I hope you find something, what about farms, riding schools, grooming parlours?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Good luck, and yes, I'm sure a grooming parlour would be glad of an extra pair of hands, if only to wash the bath! Can you not do it in a rescue centre? My friend's daughter was very lucky, she got in at our local equine vet's and ended up staying there doing her full vet nurse course! All the best to you, I hope you find something.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Hope you manage to find something, hon x
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tan's mum View Post
where in kent?
gravesend, on the thames

Originally Posted by suze View Post
try your local vets or soemthing?

i did mine at a riding school because i luffed being around horses - i now work in catering and doing a business degree haha!!

good luck!
thanks lucky, i'd love to do it at a riding school but they are all in the back of beyond round here i think i might try the vets, it was kind of boring last time but they are nice there at least.

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
The problem with any work experience to do with animals, is it is very popular.

I know when Charlie wanted to do his he rang the Rspca who said they get booked up 2 years in advance , all the places likes vets, kennels were like that too.

He ended up working in my office, which only went to show him he doesn't want to ever work in a office lol.

I hope you find something, what about farms, riding schools, grooming parlours?
yeah tell me about it the first work experience i did in year 10, i ended up doing it in a school with my aunt because i couldnt find a place anywhere else.. never again! the trouble is it has to be very local or i can't get there, and there is not much choice around here. guess i'll keep trying, suprised my hair isn't falling out yet thanks

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Good luck, and yes, I'm sure a grooming parlour would be glad of an extra pair of hands, if only to wash the bath! Can you not do it in a rescue centre? My friend's daughter was very lucky, she got in at our local equine vet's and ended up staying there doing her full vet nurse course! All the best to you, I hope you find something.
that is lucky it is difficult since i live in a town, there are no rescue centres that i can get to. at the moment it is looking like vets or groomers, if they'll take me.. thankyou

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Hope you manage to find something, hon x
thanks i'll find it or i'll die trying
Tan's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2008, 10:31 PM
aww thats a shame hun you could have walked the nutter but i am the other side of kent (kent/surrey border)
i hope you find something though, what about walking dogs at a rescue centre?
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2008, 07:36 PM
aw thanks a shame, i do love walking nutters thanks anyway hun, thats very kind of you. unfortunately there aren't any rescue centers near enough