View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Well, nobody explained that to me! It is so confusing showing. I didnt even know what class I was supposed to be in and my so called friend didnt help me either. She won the class and didnt even say for me not to leave. I left the ring in a complete daze and the steward had to come and bring me back in. By that time both me and my girl were a bag of nerves. It was sooooo funny.

Thanks. Im glad I read this post. You learn something new every day!!! Thank you.

Spetta
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Lol, Spetta! But what a great result for your first show! You must be a good handler then and she must be a cracking dog! See you at Crufts!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by spettadog View Post
Well, nobody explained that to me! It is so confusing showing. I didnt even know what class I was supposed to be in and my so called friend didnt help me either. She won the class and didnt even say for me not to leave. I left the ring in a complete daze and the steward had to come and bring me back in. By that time both me and my girl were a bag of nerves. It was sooooo funny.

Thanks. Im glad I read this post. You learn something new every day!!! Thank you.

Spetta
ah welcome to the club, I never ask anyone at a show what to do now, they all do there best to bugga you up, well I may ask someone in a diff breed, but defo not a rotty person, but you know what they say,,, if they dont help or tell you anything its because you have a good dog, which amounts to,,,,,omg they are in with a good chance of beating me or doing better than my dog so they tell you a lot of crud, thats why I come on here and ask,,they all go out of there way to help and even break it down into terms I understand, but your right its really confusing
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi again

ROFL. I can honestly say I am not a good handler yet!!!! But we are now going to more ringcraft classes!!!!

The judge gave me a row because I had to ask somebody at the side what I did next. We are in with other import dogs and there were little podengos in the class. My (real) friend advised me not to go at the front or at the end. When I went into the class the peeps with the podengos said "go before me because you run faster!". Guess what? I ended up at the front of the class with not a clue about what I was doing. So I just did what I had seen done before! Stella stood but when the judge touched her tummy she was tickly so started to wag her tail and try to kiss the judge!!! The shame of it!!!! Anyway, you could have knocked me down with a feather when we got second place. Im glad I didnt know that I should hang around because I wouldnt have been able to cope if we had been called back in.

Personally, I dont think the judge would have called us in. I think she gave us the prize because she felt sorry for Stella.

The judge did say she was worth training up AND SO WAS I!!!! ROFL

Thing is, if this is what she is getting at her first show with both of us behaving like a couple of loons, I think this is great!!!!

Kind regards
Spettadog
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by spettadog View Post
Hi again

ROFL. I can honestly say I am not a good handler yet!!!! But we are now going to more ringcraft classes!!!!

The judge gave me a row because I had to ask somebody at the side what I did next. We are in with other import dogs and there were little podengos in the class. My (real) friend advised me not to go at the front or at the end. When I went into the class the peeps with the podengos said "go before me because you run faster!". Guess what? I ended up at the front of the class with not a clue about what I was doing. So I just did what I had seen done before! Stella stood but when the judge touched her tummy she was tickly so started to wag her tail and try to kiss the judge!!! The shame of it!!!! Anyway, you could have knocked me down with a feather when we got second place. Im glad I didnt know that I should hang around because I wouldnt have been able to cope if we had been called back in.

Personally, I dont think the judge would have called us in. I think she gave us the prize because she felt sorry for Stella.

The judge did say she was worth training up AND SO WAS I!!!! ROFL

Thing is, if this is what she is getting at her first show with both of us behaving like a couple of loons, I think this is great!!!!

Kind regards
Spettadog
I think everyone who shows starts just as you have, I dont think you got second as the judge felt sorry for you,,,,judges just dont do that,,,Im not sure how it works but as you say your breed will be off the reg in Jan, A second place qualifies you for crufts! well done, best check with someone who knows what they are talking about for sure but I would think you have, well done a crufts qualifer on you first time in the show ring,
My first few shows I ended up first in the ring too and as I hadnt watched previous dogs I didnt know what the judge was doing, eg, running patterns,, I ended up running the wrong way several times, still do on occassion, lol, if your ever passing the rotty ring and see someone running round like a mental ward day outer on speed, pop over and say hi,,,cos its me,
stick in, The key to doing well in my books is dont take yourself to seriously and enjoy what your doing and the dog will shine, I always go in the ring with no expectations that way I dont give the dog neg vibes, It seems to work as I do ok in the ring, being placed most times out, but if I go in really looking for a place it all goes down hill,
shona x
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi Shona

I think you are soooo right!!! I wish so many more people would think like that. So many take it seriously and lets be honest, at the end of the day its the judges decision and Ive heard all sorts about the decisions made!!!!

I'll have a look for you. You'll probably look just like me!!! LOL.

Stella is a lovely dog. She is very outgoing and is quite flashy. She has lovely markings for a Bracco and she actually enjoys a fuss so this must have shown through. She also has a superb nature - very happy, go lucky and gentle!! I think I have been blessed with her!

Regarding Crufts. We dont qualify for Crufts until 2009 but its always something to aim for.

I went to Crufts one year, helping my friend on a trade stand. I loved it but its very people oriented. There werent really a lot of areas for dogs. That upset me because I thought the emphasis would be on the dogs!!!! You live and learn!!!

Thanks again.
Spettadog
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4