Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2011, 06:31 PM

Looking for appropriate insurance

hello, i am at this moment looking for the correct insurance. i have a dog who cannot be vaccinated and was wondering if any of you know of an insurance company who would insure a dog who is not vaccinated?
all bar one i have looked at(and there have been rather alot!!) stipulate that the dog must be vaccinated.
i have no problems with regard to cost i just want to do the best by boy.
would appreciate any help at all!!!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Unless I'm not reading the small print properly, Ive never had to stipulate wether any of my dogs have hd vaccinations...they all do have them, but ive never had to declare it.

Ive got one insured through more than & the other 2 through pet insurance.co.uk
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2011, 06:56 PM
what concerns me is that the insurance company has access to all veterinary history and medical records of your dog and it would be very easy for the insurance company to say i had not complied with their regulations and as a result would not pay if required.
did try more than and they put the phone down on me!!! ha ha made an interesting change!!!
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2011, 06:57 PM
They don't have to be vaccinated the insurance company will just not pay out for anything that could of been prevented if they were vaccinated.
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Unless I'm not reading the small print properly, Ive never had to stipulate wether any of my dogs have hd vaccinations...they all do have them, but ive never had to declare it.

Ive got one insured through more than & the other 2 through pet insurance.co.uk
Not sure if you know but pet insurance.co.uk are in fact E&L trading under another name.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:09 PM
our policy just says they wont cover anything that could have been prevented by vaccinations
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
Not sure if you know but pet insurance.co.uk are in fact E&L trading under another name.
Who are E&L?
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Who are E&L?
The worst insurance company you will ever come across whether you're insuring a dog a horse or a caravan.
They will fight nearly every claim that they recieve. They are the most talked about insuance company on the forums.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by pingu007 View Post
hello, i am at this moment looking for the correct insurance. i have a dog who cannot be vaccinated and was wondering if any of you know of an insurance company who would insure a dog who is not vaccinated?
all bar one i have looked at(and there have been rather alot!!) stipulate that the dog must be vaccinated.
i have no problems with regard to cost i just want to do the best by boy.
would appreciate any help at all!!!
I have been asked when looking for insurance if my dogs are vaccinated. The rules normally are any insurance will insure your dog but if they contract an illness that could have been prevented through vaccination, you will not be covered for that illness.

Hope this helps.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
The worst insurance company you will ever come across whether you're insuring a dog a horse or a caravan.
They will fight nearly every claim that they recieve. They are the most talked about insuance company on the forums.
Thanks for that, at least I have a heads up before I make a claim...which could possibly be in the next week or so
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >