View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Stainless steel here. The water bowls are on a raised stand cos I got sick of wet floors as they kicked them round.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:57 PM
She's got two plastic bowls (both from poundland which i loved). I really want to get some ceramic ones as they look so nice - does anyone know a cheap place to get them? this is because millie needs 6"+
I've heard that coloured plastic bowls have a harmful chemical in, is this true? Then i may get her some stainless steals (some really nice ones at the range)
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Mollie has a raised stainless steel food bowl and duncan has a divided plastic one in pink (cat bowl really but we haven't told him ) they have a big blue non-slip plastic one for water. And they each have a china teacup for their cup of tea.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 03:35 PM
The boys have a HUGE non-slip plastic water bowl, which has a sort of rubber edging on it to stop it moving...

Outside, there are a couple of B&Q buckets with water in for them.

They have large ceramic Mason Cash dog bowls each for their food. These are only down when they eat, so I don't worry about breakages etc.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I just bought two big, oval plastic ones from P@H coz they've got rubber on the bottom and are non-slip, thereby helping them to demolish those last bits of mash, salmon mousse or sunday roast! They're great, I love them and so do the dogs!
I have the same plastic deep oval bowl for Cain's water, it's great (although he hasn't learned to swallow the last mouthful before running through the house dribbling it everywhere). I have a cream ceramic bowl with a black bone on, also from PAH, for no other reason that it's pretty
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 03:48 PM
He has a stainless steel dish for his smaller meal and ceramic dishes for water and dinner. Basically they are heavier and dont move around when they eat, dont get knocked over so easily either for the water.

They are microwaveable, freezer proof and dishwasher safe.
Iv defrosted meat in the microwave in his dinner bowl before but never had them in freezer and wash by hand.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 04:11 PM
They have stainless steel bowls all round.

I have numerous drinking bowls from fancy ceramic ones to self dispensing upright containers to raised steel bowls but it's very rare they will drink anything at home. They seem to be very fussy about their water and even when I clean the bowls out, they turn their noses up like the water is stagnant or something!

They do prefer to drink straight from the outside tap but I dont like to encourage this as they cannot help themselves to it. In the summer I did find that a childs beach bucket did the trick nicely and they were more than happy to drink from that.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Stainless steel for both food and water.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Outside i use a stainless steel bucket for when the dogs are running around in the garden, and in the kennels stainless steel bowls that fit into a holder attached to the bars of the runs.
Inside for years i have used stainless steel non slip bowls for the food and a ceramic water bowl.I have recently changed to plastic non slip feeding bowls and have found them much better.The problem with the stainless steel bowls was that the rubber non slip band at the bottom of the bowl would always wear out after washing etc and you would be left with a bowl without a rubber rim that would slide everywhere.
The plastic bowls are large with really thick rubber around the base.I came across them in an independant petstore.They are made by someone called J W Pet company.Prior to this i have always been a bit reluctant to use plastic bowls but i can't fault these [yet]...Cheers..Ian.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Well I bought 2 gorgeous matching timberwolf ceramic bowls with the intention of the small one for Ozzy and the big one for Morse, however the big one wasn't big enough for him so that became the water bowl and I still use it even though it is now waaaaay to big for just Ozzy to drink out of

I like ceramic as they are weighty so don't get pushed around the place
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >