Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Has Lesley walked?
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Yes, but I there is no clue on the BB site yet what happened.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
Yes, but I there is no clue on the BB site yet what happened.
I wonder why I hadn't seen her at all on the live E4 show this morning, mind you I only started watching it from 10.00am and there has been no sight of her whatsoever.

I think yesterday she wanted to leave but Big Brother told her to see how she felt tomorrow morning (meaning this morning). She was also crying late last night. I don't know for sure but I reckon she had had enough.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2007, 11:49 AM
It says that Lesley walked out at 9.15 this morning as she was so bored with it all.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I flippin knew it. Two Gay guys. I've no problem with gay guys (or girls) but why oh why does BB keep doing this?

It's so old hat. Why push stereotypes? Is gay still trendy? Can we not just have a crowd of guys and girls that are boring and average and see how they get on ?.
I guess two known gay people out of 13 or what ever it is, is about right, gay people arn't so rare ya know so 2 out of 13 or however many there have been on BB in total in comparison to straight folk is about right so it's not that which bothers me - but the fact they always go for the stereotypical flambouant type, I'm sure many gay guys rolled their eyes at the new representation lol

lol @ it's 'so old hat'...

Can you imagine 'Oh another straight person in BB it's so old hat' (I'm just playing )

Umm was being gay ever trendy? If your actually gay it's just who you are...for people who like to dabble just to say been there done that, then I get the point...

My point however is, they could do without going with the typical drama queen flambouyant gay guy or unatractive lesbian and stick in some mixed representation for both, just as with the straight folk - Saying that they can and do get it horribly wrong with the straight folk too, but at least there is more of them to at least find one decent-ish representation or person that you like, even if the majority are crap.
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Bisexual is trendy ...just ask the schoolkids how many of them are bi

Gay isn't trendy it is just the way a person is ..however ... if the ratio of gay to straight people in the UK were the same as is shown on BB then I would be amazed .....

So then , to recap ..out of 3 males in the BB house, 2 are gay or bi ..hmm ...not a representative number I think
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Bisexual is trendy ...just ask the schoolkids how many of them are bi

Gay isn't trendy it is just the way a person is ..however ... if the ratio of gay to straight people in the UK were the same as is shown on BB then I would be amazed .....

So then , to recap ..out of 3 males in the BB house, 2 are gay or bi ..hmm ...not a representative number I think
I tended to look at it as being out of 13 or however many people there were in there that 2 were gay...the other way I look at it is that I think you may well be suprised at the ratio of gay/straight people in groupings...If only more people could be honest

I bet all the people who had hard times at school and got called names because kids suspected someone was gay wished it had of been trendy to at least be bisexual when they were there.

Don't school kids now a days call everything 'gay' that they think is rubbish?

I just somehow don't think it's quite as accepted as people think and even if it is quite rife in one school or another to portray that your bisexual, in another school it could make life hell so I don't think it's as cut and dry as saying it is 'trendy' because the kids that your kids know etc....

Anyway whatever, I still don't think two gay ppl in 13 is a landslide.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2007, 06:38 AM
The twins will be nominating on Friday along with the 2 amigos......
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Haven't been watching BB, it's a load of rubbish. I have heard about the comment Emily made and although it's no surprise to me, she had to get kicked out. It is never acceptable to use the N word and it is not a word that forms part of my vocabulary. Someone on here asked why ethnic minorities get so upset over words. I forget who it was but all I'm going to say is that if you were ostracised in the country in which you were born and bred on a regular basis, it WOULD annoy you just a tad. You can't compare being called 'A Scot' to being called a 'Nigger', there's just no comparison. For starters, being Scottish, I'm sure doesn't hinder you as you go about your daily life, but being black or other minority does.

As for black youths using the word as part of their vocab' I detest the use of the word in any context and none of my family or peers use the word. It is a minority of black people that use the N word in reference to themselves, a miseducated and very ignorant minority I must add.

Back to BB, I just wish they would scrap the entire program but as long as people give it the time of day, Britain is stuck with it.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
i don't have a racially predudiced bone in my body. but i can't understand why ethnic minorities get SO upset about about words. i'm a scot & proud of it. i don't get upset if i'm called a jock, irish don't get miffed at being called paddies, or micks, welsh don't at taffies, northern scots are called teuchters, french are called frogs, spanish are called spics, and so on. they're only WORDS for goodness sake. let me tell you, i've been in england many times & called a jock and i take no offence whatsoever !! lighten up, and get a life !!
Lighten up and get a life?? This is the most ignorant comment I've read on this forum in the whole time I've been a member. I wonder if Emmet Till's mother would agree with you after her son was lynched for looking at a white woman, years ago in the US.
Page 8 of 38 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »