View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Hi Diana - it sounds like you have had some wonderful dogs who have lived a great life with you.

I had a real problem with posting my pictures too - still not too clever at it but wil try to explain as best I can.

First off you need to join a site on the web that will host your pictures for you - a bit like you sticking your photos in an album for other people to see The one I use is called photobucket and hopefully this link to it will work.

http://photobucket.com/

Once you have chosen a site that you want to use it will give you instructions on how to load the photos from your computer onto the hosting site (so you will be making an album of your photos on a website of your choice).

Once you have put your photos on the host site they will each be given a means of identification which will look something like this

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o/DSC00034.jpg

Then when you want to put a picture in one of your posts all you have to do is open up your photo hosting site and copy the link to the photo. So if I wanted to put in the photo whose link is shown above I would have to go to the signs and symbols above the box where I am writing this reply and select the symbol which I was told is a mountain (but I always thought was an envelope with a stamp in the corner ). Once I have done that a little box open sin the left hand corner of my screen and in that box I would paste the details of the photo I want to show.

And the picture magically appears. Takes a bit of practice but you will soon get the hang of it.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2007, 10:02 PM
My rescue dog, Jess, is a BC x lab and very much a glue dog. Her past is actually quite good, she lived with her sister with an elderly woman, who sadly died and they had no where else to go. She ended up in the RSPCA and so the story goes :P However, I'm pretty much convinced that the sudden disappearence of the only owner they've known, even if it was a bad owner, makes many rescue dogs glue dogs. They don't know when you'll suddenly disappear as well.
dlboxerdog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Dear Liziel, thank you for explaining how to post photos. We have a real computer wizard at work, and tomorrow I will take my latest CD of my dog photos to him and ask him to post photos on Dogsey for me.

Perhaps you can answer another question for me. I see that under some names appears "Dogsey Junior" or in your case, it says "Dogsey Senior". To what does that refer? Time as a member of Dogsey? The age of the dogs? I also don't understand the three choices of "quote", "multi-quote" and "quick reply". I usually choose "quick reply" since I don't know what the others mean. Then, there is the star in a circle that says, "Add to so and so's reputation". What the heck does that mean? Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Diana Lynn of Sunrise River Boxers in Stacy, MN, a rescuer, not a breeder
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi all.
Some lovely stories on this thread.
My old girl Jadie bless her, I rescued of the end of a needle as she was about to be PTS at 17 weeks old. She has OCD and the rescue she was with couldnt afford her surgeries. I took her and together we worked through the tough early stages of meds and surgery. She was a velcro dog until we got Josh the lunatic weimi.. Then they became soul mates. We lost Josh to carcinoma a year ago after 9 happy years and since then she follows me from room to room lying down in the sun or on her bed where she can see me. She sits outsdie the loo door even now, despite Jack her new friend. But at nearly 13 she hasnt the energy to keep up with him like she did with Josh.

She's just starting to go lame again now after 9 years since her last bout. I know I need to start thinking about facing the same decision I did a year ago with Joshie, but for now she'll keep following me about and lying in the sun.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by dlboxerdog View Post
Dear Liziel, thank you for explaining how to post photos. We have a real computer wizard at work, and tomorrow I will take my latest CD of my dog photos to him and ask him to post photos on Dogsey for me.

Perhaps you can answer another question for me. I see that under some names appears "Dogsey Junior" or in your case, it says "Dogsey Senior". To what does that refer? Time as a member of Dogsey? The age of the dogs? I also don't understand the three choices of "quote", "multi-quote" and "quick reply". I usually choose "quick reply" since I don't know what the others mean. Then, there is the star in a circle that says, "Add to so and so's reputation". What the heck does that mean? Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Diana Lynn of Sunrise River Boxers in Stacy, MN, a rescuer, not a breeder
Glad you found the information useful The Dogsey Junior/Senior etc refers to how many posts a member has made - see below

Dogwebber Ranks with number of posts needed...

The more posts you make in Dogweb the higher you will rank...

0+ = New Member
20+ = Junior Dogwebber
250+ = Senior Dogwebber
1000+ = Almost a Veteran Dogwebber..
1500+ = Veteran Dogwebber

The Quote button - if you want to quote part or all of a members post you click on the button under the post that you wish to quote from and it automatically inserts that reply into your yours - what I did to show your post in my reply. If you don't want the whole of their post in your reply you just highlight the part of the text that you want to get rid of, and delete the relevant part. If you are not sure how to do that let me know and I will help you out or you could ask your friendly computer expert at work

I haven't used the multi quote button myself but it does the same thing but allows you to insert quotes from more than one persons post. So you could reply to three different people in the same post and use the multi quote to indicate which part of whose text you are replying to.

The button with the star on enables you to give rep points to someone whom you think has made a good reply or been helpful to someone else etc. Click on the star under that persons post and you can then send them a short message to say why you gave the points.

If you go to the section that is entitled Forum Support you will find lots of information on how to use the forum but you are also very welcome to ask your questions on here and I will do my best to answer them.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2