Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 06:28 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Overslept this morning cos it's raining, and I really should have got up early, and out with Zena to be back by 8.30 when the chippies are arriving, but that won't happen now. I'm now hoping they are trustworthy enough to be left on their own and I can kill a couple of hours out with Zena when I get them organised. It's best that we're out cos the only place I can hole us both up in is the conservatory, as all the remaining doors are being done, which just leaves the big, wide open plan bit to the lounge. Zena would be a nightmare with 2 blokes in the house, cos after her initial attempt at scaring them off, she'd then be plonking her ball in front of them all the time and I'm paying them to fit doors, not to play with my dog Hopefully, it'll somehow go smoothly if I can draw up a plan.

My phone was the hotline last night, I can't believe how many people rang me, so I couldn't keep up at all on here, but I'll have a go later.

Jen, morning to you, I did read your tragic news about your friend, but under the awful circumstances, I think it was a blessing in disguise for her. Sending you lots of ((((hugs)))).xx

Lynn, morning to you, I see you got back safely, but a tad despondant over those viewings. I remember it well, having looked at loads myself until we found the right one, and you'll find the right one too I hope.

and I'm afraid that's as far as I managed to catch up last night cos of that blooming phone.

Hope everyone else is fine along with the doglets, and I'll be back when I can. I'm hoping with 2 guys the job will get done before lunchtime, but I won't hold my breath. I hate having this disruption here at home, and I just hope they're clean and tidy cos if not, they'll be feeling the wrath of H.

Enjoy your day, hope it isn't raining where you are, and I'll see you all later then
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Amazingly everyone slept through until around 6.30 when the boys wanted to go out. Flash has had another upset tum so the Canikur hasn't worked. He was desperate for some food so gave him a small amount of boiled rice and chicken but when I then offered him a little more with water in it he wouldn't touch it. He has however eaten one ice cube. As soon as the vets are open I'll phone them and take him in as I'm really concerned he's not drinking - he drinks loads usually. I haven't syringed any more water in to him this morning and will see what time I can get an appointment before doing so as he hates it.

Helena - good luck with the chippies and Zena today.

I hope everyone else and the dogs are all and I'll be back later once I've sorted Flash.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Morning Jenny, I just managed to catch up on Flash last night and how worried you must be about him Good luck at the vets and maybe some ab's will sort him out. I bet he's eaten something quite nasty to make him like this Try not to worry Jenny, it's morning now, so you can get him along to the vet and see what's going on, poor boy. Thanks for wondering where I woz last night too!!xx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Morning all

Very brief today as I am off at 9am for almost two weeks! I am taking 4 dogs with me, just hope they behave! We are staying on two showgrounds so will be mixing with hundreds of dogs. There are over 6,000 dogs entered for the first show.

The caravan is packed, just the car tyre pressure to go and then hitch up and we are off!!

Have a lovely couple of weeks, we are forecast a warm spell!

Happy birthday to my Fiji, she has turned 10 years old today, she is one very special girl.

Have a good day all!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Morning H and all,

Today is going to be my busiest day ever just hoping there is going to be enough hours in it. I am off at 8.30 to where I am moving to, to try out a weekly job I have been offered in a privately owned mansion there. Hopefully I will be back in time to get off to my normal work this afternoon and evening. It will only be one day a week but at least its something.

Charly is off to the hairdressers for a trial on her wedding hair. they are coming out to her to do it on the wedding morning next week. Goodness a week tomorrow she will be getting married.

H I hope you can sort Zenas walk and the chippies.

Lynn good luck with the continued house hunting.

Jenny thinking of you today after your sad news yesterday.

MM enjoy your holiday.

Jennyg good luck at the vets and I hope they soon have Flash feeling better.

Have a good day all.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Good morning, busy people out there...

Cool and fresh here which is rather soothing.

What on earth! Loud noises above me on the roof! When I exit back door, a whole flock of birds heads away! Ah well! There they go in tight formation and a black and white face stares docile at me over the fence.... lls young cattle.

Thankfully seem to be on the mend but totally drained and the M.E is in full flight. So a very quiet low key day here.. no idea when this will pick up; wait and see time now. But more bearable than the last two weeks thankfully.. hate feeling like a zombie but there we are!

HAVE to sort some jam though as stocks are at rock bottom so have set up the kitchen for that.

Pottered a wee bit with the dogs; cut a few flowers for in here and inspected the garden such as it is . Covered the fish box the strawberries are in with an old net curtain, as my five fruit are showing red and the birds love them

So compared with all of thee a small bucolic life here!

Enjoy the world out there as I will the world in here
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Morning Helena and all.

I hope your plan comes together for today Helena I am sure it will.
Jenny thinking of you all today and your friends family.
jenny sorry to hear Flash isn't well good luck at the vets.
I am going to ring the Agents about the bungalow you gave me a link to to ask about the tenant.
Gerri have a safe journey and enjoy and happy birthday to Fiji.
Bev. Good luck for the job and everything else going on at the moment.

Dillon had a good night and has had his breakfast so he is a happy boy and the AB's must be palatable as he is eating them for me no probs.
We are off for a rather damp walk in bit up the lane no field and running about for him just yet not until we have seen the vet Friday.
I am ringing agents today to try to get appointments for Saturday. Dillon is going to be left for longer than we usually like but I am sure he would rather be here in his home than in the vets like yesterday.
Then housework nothing got done yesterday.
Pat you are probably snoozing away now by the pool. I hope you get the Moneth thing sorted that can't be doing you any good worrying because she has a little boy.
Sally I hope Jimster is ok today you sounded a little worried over him last night.
Harvey all still in my thoughts.

Everyone else have a good day and hope all is well with you.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 07:50 AM
I've managed to make an appointment at the main surgery in Staines for Flash at 9.35 so will be leaving here around 9.10. I have just spent 20mins syringing water into his mouth so he has had some liquid now .... but he's not speaking to me now and has a major strop on

Helena - Thanks

Moet - Have a fantastic 2 weeks away and good luck - it sounds fun. Happy Birthday to Fiji today.

Bev - I hope your trial at the mansion goes well. You never stop do you (((hugs))). I hope Charly likes her hair when they've done it.

Lynn - So pleased Dillon was settled last night and has eaten this morning. Good luck on the walk and keep him out the mud I do think it worth asking about that bungalow as it looked lovely and with a great garden for Dillon. Hopefully the tenant's contract will be over soon as it will take some months anyway for the sale of yours to go through. GOOD LUCK

Rosebud-

I'll be taking Rucksack with me as he will go crazy being left what with having SA.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 07:55 AM

Morning all.
H I hope you get to enjoy a good walk with Zena.
Jenny I hope Flash will be okay today and that the vet can sort it out.
Gerry have a fab time.
Bev good luck with the job, a mansion eh
Rosebud take care today and try and rest, my daughter has ME. So I have some idea of what you are going through.
Everyone else I hope you have a good day, it's grey and overcast here
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Good morning everyone, after a housefull yesterday seems so quiet again with just Amber and me. Steve has gone back to his fishing for another couple of days. It keeps him out of my hair.

Helena Hope all goes well with the chippies today and you are able to get Zena out for a couple of hours walk. Sounds lovely to be able to do that.

Lynn Glad Dillon's minor op went ok yesterday but a pity you did not find anything of interest on your house hunting expedition.

Nippy Jenny so sorry to hear of your friend but it was good that she came round hopefully sufficient enough for them to remember her by and to pass away without the big fight with the Cancer that had obviously taken over. I feel for you and her family.

Sorry everyone my brain has gone dead again and I cannot remember anything more except some poorly doggies which I hope will be better soon. Amber had an upset tummy this morning so she obviously had something to cause that yesterday. But then my friends were giving her chews and things that their little dog likes and Amber of course will eat anything including a new ball they gave her it was in pieces this morning. Have a good day all. God bless, Moyra
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »