View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Sorry to read that your OH is having second thoughts about little Archie. What was he expecting a fully house trained puppy who already knew the layout of your house or something?

Just remind him that all puppies as do babies have got to be taught where to go to the toilet and tell him not to forget that it has just moved into a totally strange environment and everything is brand new to him

I would like the others have said defiantly stay clear of paper training, but start to show him where the back door is instead.

You will need to take him out side every couple of hours so that he knows where to go and not get told off for it.. I have only done this the once as most of my rescues have been older, but believe me it is knackering, but very rewarding in the end. As they say there is no rest for the wicked. Also don't forget once he gets to the three to four months stage he will be able to hold on for the whole night, so you will have no need to get up half way through the night to let him out.

What would your OH do if you had a baby and it had a couple of accident in the house. Return that from whence it came?
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
shut the F@@@up,

Stop nicking my favourite saving.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 12:22 PM
lol hiya.... Well! im thinking puppy goins home.... then my partner pops home from work for lunch as his working round the corner and his like 'he curled round my feet he stays!' flippin hell! plus his also a lot calmer! i think its because we got him so late at night, it was such a shock really, plus he scared him by accident, something fell over and my OH pointed to it, and the dog got so scared he weed and run off at high speed! all over my boyfs arm!! we awere like......wats he running off for?!?! ohhh his asleep on me now! im scared to move my arm incase he wakes up!!!

With the training, we dont have a garden, oly a car park, no grss or anything, so thats why we wanted to house train him, im doing the every 2 hours but he wanders off of the paper to wee else where! i caught him this morning......put him on the paper and nothing he looked at me.......waddled off and weed over there! -----> i thought its a communal hallway, but maybe i could jsut put him outside the door on some paper?

he likes the food im giving him but wont eat out of the bowl! his on my lap right now!!

oh! he keeps catching himself in the tv cabnet and his like 'whose that!!'
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Stop nicking my favourite saving.
But it is such a good, descriptive saying for so many occassions
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
But it is such a good, descriptive saying for so many occassions
I know, that's why I use it 24/7.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 01:21 PM
is the carpark safe to let me out For a wee there on his lead?

Other options is to maybe litter train him (like a cat) & have a litter tray, so its a very definate area.

When you take him to his "area" pop a light puppy lead on him so he cant wander off.
Youll need to introduce your "words" i use "quick-quicks " & "poo-poos"
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2007, 01:29 PM
I paper trained Storm as the garden was not enclosed so any other dog could get in, I placed the paper at the back door and when the garden was sorted the paper was placed outside the back door, it did not take double the amount of time or make it a whole lot harder as many people would have you think, it took 1 day.

I also think its a bit wrong people saying dont paper train and take the dog out without first thinking was it safe for the pup to be taken out.

If its a open car park with the possibility of strays using it I would stick to the paper training.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 01:32 PM
im quite offended by that,tbh, only trying to help
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 01:33 PM
glad your oh is improving.

If you put pup on paper and he walks off and does a wee somewhere else, i would pick him up immediately and put him back to the paper (even mid flow of him wee'ing). The more wee you get on the paper the more scent there will be in that area and he will be inclined eventually to head to where there is more scent.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi Misty,
i have never had a dog that hasn't had a garden, so if I was your situation perhaps I would get a litter tray, and pop one of those puppy training pads inside it, near the door. And in a few weeks,you will notice the signs of when your pup needs to go, and can then hopefully have time to pop him out in the carpark on a lead.
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »